Thursday 7 February 2013

Feb 7th

We want to wish our Daniel a Happy Birthday and only wish we could be there on his 10 th birthday,love and big hugs Daniel
The day got off to an unusual start, Marg came for coffee & donuts.  We were jinxed and were the last table to get selected.  I think I had sat at the last table more than anyone in the park.  So bad that Jim came up and told me to pick the next number, well everyone else had been picked, so he was  only funnin' with me.  I might start to be "persona non grata" at this rate.
  It was a gorgeous sunny day.  Can't get too many of these.
  One feature of this morning meeting is an introduction of anyone who is new to the park in  the last week.  Marg's pals had it set up so that she was introduced as a new arrival.  It cracked the place up.  At first she didn't quite know what to make of it, but very quickly caught on that her friends had it all set up.
  After coffee Marg went to help make Sloppy Joes for the big park-wide patio sale tomorrow.  She has done this for 4 years now and as Rita had to give it up this year, Marg was the seasoned veteran of the project.  These and pie are a big item with people to travel the patio sale circuit.
  At breakfast Norm said there was a sale on Crown Royal at Fry's and lots of these guys drink rye.  I got Jerry B and we went over there to check it out.  He bought 4 & I got 6 bottles - $14 each, what a deal.  I was also out of beer, so bought a 30 pack of Miller and some milk, had to bring something for Marg.  88 cents for a 2 litre of milk, a good deal at that.
  She got back in time to make tuna sandwiches for lunch.  Just in time as I had the pool tourney in the afternoon and we had a big road trip to Silverado.  I drew Elmer as a partner again and we were the first team drawn.  The guys we played against were good, so my job was to keep their best player from cleaning up on us.  In fact they started referring to shooting behind the dirty guy.  It was pretty funny.  Oh yeh, we won 2 of the 3 games we played today.
  Marg and some of her posse went around checking out the stuff for sale in the park.  The sale isn't until tomorrow, but the park residents are given first dibs on the junk being sold.  Did I say that, I meant treasures - LOL!
  We went for happy hour, but didn't stay long as we were bbq'ing tonight and wanted to do it before dark.  People were still chuckling about the newcomer at coffee this morning.  It gets dark early here, although the days are getting longer now, so didn't want to start too late.

1 comment: