Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day - or so

  For all of you fellow Canucks, this will come as a surprise.  Boxing day here is no big deal, it's not a holiday, just another day.  The service station last week scheduled my oil change today, so I went and got 'r done.  That was the $17.95 for oil & filter guy, but I brought my own oil & filter so that I could have Quaker State, so my total cost was just under $30, still a bargain compared to anything at home & I got what I wanted.  I wandered around and looked vehicles in car lots while waiting and saw some good deals on jeep wranglers, they make good toads [get it - towed].  That is rv slang for a vehicle that is dinghy towed.  Not sure if we are in the market for a new toad, but it almost never hurts to look.
  After I got back, I played some pool.  Played with a couple for the first time this winter & we had lots of laughs.  The one guy who was new this yr, must have wondered what was going on at first, but he seemed to enjoy himself in the end.
  After we went out, me to see the Geek squad, Marg to look at deals.  There were some, like 20% off, but nothing radical.  Neither of us were successful.  The line ups something else, but they were mainly exchanges and returns.  Someone in the park told me the line up for customer service in Walmart where he went was over 200 people.  I waited over 1/2 hr for the Geek squad and gave up.
  At the end of the day, we went to the Village Inn for supper.  After all it is Wednesday, now don't tell me that you forgot, that is FREE PIE night.  If you want; you could order a cup of coffee and still get free pie.  So now you are all thinking - what kind - so I chose strawberry rhubarb with a scoop of ice cream, Marg who does not eat the pie, got a country apple to go, so at some future time, I will likely get that as well,
  I almost forgot, but it was poker night.  One of the guys came to ask if I could come out to play, LOL.  Did OK, but I don't think I came out ahead, pretty close to even I would guess.
  The weather is nicer today, but a bit chilly in the evening, I think it got to about 60F.  We are both hacking away with colds that we need to get over with before Friday when Bill, Patti & the kids get here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment