Wednesday 18 January 2012

Wednesday

Well finally had a free morning, so played flog, er golf. It was cool, only about 43 this AM, but it warmed through the day. I golfed with a couple from this park and a guy from the other park. We had a good time and other than the "9" I took on the second hole, it was a fun time. I was 51, that's OK for me. The dew was so heavy and cold that I never got to try out my new golfing sandals. Maybe next week. The guys asked me to golf tomorrow morning, so it must have been OK with them as well, but think I will pass as it is coffee & donuts. Had company after lunch, Dave & Elizabeth Chomik, formerly of GP, now somewhat gypsy's. Nice visit with them, they were in to see their grandson play hockey in Tempe. I think they are headed back to Lake Havasau tomorrow. Oh Char, mom gave them your Christmas card, they were quite chuffed. LOL, get it me using chuffed. BTW we have been showing the card Lyzi sent us to friends and they are very impressed. Turkey soup for supper tonight. The park puts this on and it is great. It's almost like a stew as there is very little juice. The place was packed, we sat with some of our friends. Marg had picked up a couple loaves of great bread at the health food store that were the hit at our table. After dinner Marg went to pick up some things we need & I played poker. Turned it around from last week, I might have been the big winner this week. That would probably make me around even. I likely picked up 5 or 6 bucks, big win. Oh yeh, nice hot day today, but it is chilly at night. Like I said at the start it was only about 43F this AM.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having a great time. Hope it gets warm enough for the golf sandals soon. Thanks for passing my card on to the Chomiks, seems ages since we have seen them. It's been quite hectic here... Had a manic week at work! Been at Katys school for Pta one night and parents night another... One of the best parent nights ever... Such a great kid! Her day was Made perfect by your parcel, thank you... Jess was here for dinner with Chand and Katy practised painting her nails. Hope all is well in paradise. Love you both xx

    ReplyDelete