Thursday 12 January 2012

Thursday Jan 12

Much cooler day today. I think it only got to about 70F, but they are forecasting warmer for the weekend. I went for coffee & donuts this AM, Marg as usual did not. Funny thing happened - when Joyce saw I was there by myself, she asked why. After I explained Marg does not do breakfast, she turned to her husband & said - see what they do. I don't want breakfast either, yet you always wake me up. Not good; we are not trying to create a bachelor's club - LOL! Went to the post office to mail a few things, along with every other snowbird in AJ. I think it took about an hour. The price of postage is rising by a nickel next week, so they were all trying to beat the financial crisis that will create, LOL. Just got back in time for a quick lunch and then played in the inter-park pool tournament. We hosted Eastgate today, they are the toughest competition we face. My partner & I took 2 of our 3 games against some pretty good competition. We were pretty fortunate. Lots of Canucks in the tourney today from both parks. My partner for today is from Saskatchewan, he was a research scientist with the federal govt. We draw for partners each tourney just to make it fair. One of our guys Elmer, has Parkinsons so bad that his cue stick is in constant motion, but he is deadly accurate. The other team were all commenting how good he is, in spite of it. He is a classic example of: when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. ;>)) Marg & I took a good walk before dinner. Off to IHop for dinner, one of my all-time fav's. We had a nice dinner and excellent service. After dinner we went over to Mesa to the Walmart there. Prices in Mesa are a bit less as their tax structure is a bit better than AJ.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a raise in stamp prices to stir up all that sand in the desert!

    ReplyDelete