Saturday 7 January 2012

Saturday, Jan 7th

The day started off with breakfast in the park. I went to breakfast and sat with a few other guys who are breakfast bachelors. They also have wives who think that breakfast is a yogurt at 10AM. Pancakes, eggs, bacon great way to start the day. We went to the big flea market at Mesa. Traded in a bunch of books and picked some new ones out. Then we looked around a bit. I bought a set of mini screw drivers [for glasses, etc] for $2. Later in the day I saw the same set at the dollar store for - yeh you guessed it a dollar. So much for the good deals at the flea market. They just stock up at the dollar store & wait for the suckers so they can double their money. LOL Then a trip to Total Wine so we are prepared for a happy hour now. I bought one bottle, Marg picked out the rest of what you see in the pic. I think she might be in party mode. We sure missed Richard in the check out line. The only sampling they had going on was wine, so didn't bother. Did find out that they have - an introduction to scotch on Jan 28th, note to self - make no commitments for that day. LOL Stopped in at Dicks, it's a big sporting goods store in the complex and I got a bike helmet. They have everything for almost every sport. There are guys riding motorcycles here with no helmets, but my wife insists I need one to ride my bike. She's probably worried about me having a senior moment on it. The shopping centre is an outdoor mall, a neat area and one of our favs. We stopped in for lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. They have a great salad bar, so we ate healthy for lunch. Got back to the park and everyone had a laugh about my good deal on the mini screwdrivers. Had a BBQ for supper, nice steaks. After supper we played cards [golf] with Ron & Sue. They were the big winners. We play for quarters, so you need 11 to play. One for each hand and 2 for low score at the end. 11:30PM & we are still up, we must be the rowdy young people in the park, NOT. I can see Kenny & Doris still have their lights on. Still seem to be having the electric issue, so likely will replace the power converter tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So, I see the photo of Dad pushing the trolley and have to do a double take... In all my 40+ years I don't recall seeing it before. Then the light goes on.... Its booze. I LOL'd! Ahhh retirement! glad to hear you got a bike helmet.. Where is the piccy of that... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to sort your power if you want to be the last ones to turn the lights out each evening. We had to change the converter on ours it wasn't a cheap item. Ours had first stopped charging the battery then later went bang. It might be worth unplugging from mains and see what the state of charge is without the charger running. My thought is that your choices are between converter and battery.

    ReplyDelete