Friday 6 January 2012

Friday, Jan 6th

Friday, not big deal, just another day in the life of a retiree! How we used to look forward to Fridays, now everyday is like that. Sometimes special events make the days special , for example birthdays are special days & today is Kassie's, happy birthday darling. First thing in the morning I took the car in for an oil change. Back to the same place as last year, $18.95, but they charge me an extra $6 because it is a canister type filter. That only took about 25 minutes, so stopped and got a haircut. Didn't go to the hacker I used last year, instead went further down the trail to the guy I saw the prior year. Pretty good job actually, although there is only 10 days between a good or bad haircut. Haircut is one of the few things that is more expensive here than at home. At home I get the seniors discount, so it is $10. Down here every 2nd person is a senior, so I pay full rate $14. It's not all roses here you know! Another warm day in the Az desert. Marg & I went for a walk around the RV park this AM and that is no small task. We are still running into people for the first time, so have to stop for hugs & chats. For the ones we have chatted up already, we just have to wave & yell - we're getting some exercise this morning, otherwise you can't get more than about 30 feet before you have to stop again. Got the velocipede [bike] off of the back rack on the RV and made a tour around the neighbourhood on my own after we got back. This is my first time using it & you run into everyone walking, cycling, etc in the morning before the midday heat builds up. After lunch Marg went to Bells & got some great deals, at least that is what she said. I played pool today. Played in a 3-some, so the means 1 vs 2 in rotation. Did pretty well as I won more than I lost. That's my new definition of excellent, anything over 50%, LOL. In the afternoon I dug out the wheel covers, washed them off and put them on the tires. That would be tyres to our English readers. LOL. The sun is so intense here that it can be hard on tires. Marg went down the streetas well as to the neighbours to catch up on the latest news. Some new people have arrived and asked when our first happy hour is scheduled. I guess we need to go to Total wines in the next day or so. You can google them, but they have something like 1,000 kinds of beer & 3,000 kinds of wine, lots of other spirits as well. Everytime I go there, I chuckle remembering Richard ramming his shopping cart on the next guy in the line. ;>)) With any luck they will have scotch sampling again when we get there, the last one was great. They have sampling of something every day, but they don't give it away, you have to pay - 10 cents. No not per drink, that is for the sampling session. Well that's it, another busy day in the Az sun. Again, Happy Birthday Kassidy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including the translation, have you considered a pony tail? Oh and make sure that you get your full 10 cents worth in the liquor store, at their prices that might be a large one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kassidy! We tried to phone her without any luck. Sounds like you ate both settling in very well.. Bet you hardly noticed that you had left. I spoke to Grandma today and gave her a few accounts of the blog... She does like to hear. She was in great spirits... And sends her love. Am jealous that your out on the old push iron.. Can't wait to get my new ladies bike out a
    For the new year, luckily we don't have a bike season... Other then picking dry days lol. Hope you got cocktail hour sorted. Love you both xx

    ReplyDelete