Monday 16 January 2012

Monday, Jan 16

Last night we put on the new set of flannel sheets Marg picked up. They are great, even better than our other set. Eat your heart out Brent, I was toastee all night, even with the rain.
A nice day in the Valley of the Sun as the rain clouds moved out. The sun off of Superstition mountain gave us some great photo ops today. Took the bicycle out for a ride this morning. It was perfect weather for that & I managed to work up a bit of a sweat as I toured the area. Most of the residents around here were talking about the weather & comparing it to where ever they come from; but they all just give up trying to compare when I tell them the forecast in GP. Nice to be first at something, even if it is the coldest place to be from. LOL Good luck all you GP'ers, hang in there, or just hop on a plane and do what we do - LOL,
Marg did laundry much of the afternoon, while I had to go for pool lessons. If you knew the people I played today, you would know why I say that. Fun anyway though. She doesn't iron, rather steams the clothes to eliminate wrinkles. You would not beleive how many people have become converts ditching their old irons.
A quick trip to CVS [pharmacy] to pick up things we really needed. Well almost. When we got back & started putting things away, Marg said no more cans of nuts until we eat some of our stock.
BBQ for supper, it was great. As Walter Cronkhite used to say -- and that's the way it was!

2 comments:

  1. Even a day of laundry sounds alright in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can brag about the weather it's -37 here. Lol
    I bought a steamer and Haylee was all over it she said "I got this I've done this at grandmas" she did very well.... What a good little grasshopper
    Glad to hear all is well there
    Love the GP Gang. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete