Thursday 26 January 2012

Last Thursday in January

Another gorgeous day in the Valley of the Sun, I think it was 75F. Short pants day anyway. I think Willy Nelson sang about 7 spanish angels in the valley of the sun. Fortunately there was no shoot-out in the one we are in. Both of us got up and went to coffee & donuts this AM. People were almost beside themselves, Marg was there 2 weeks in a row. During the morning info session, they asked about any security issues. I almost put up my hand to say there was a robbery at the poker game last night, but I'm OK now - Hah! The only security issue was a coyote came through last night. With any luck he will get a few of the dogs around here. After breakfast, Marg went with 3 other ladies to Sam's Club & some other health food store. The stores were in Gilbert, so one or more of the ladies must have been navigator. From her description of where they were, I believe Marg was driver, but not likely in charge of directions. They did well though as it involved a considerable amount of freeway travel & it was probably about 20 miles from here. They got some great deals, not sure what the deals were but I did hear about a blouse and supper included some stuff I have not seen before. I washed windows on the rv, it was streaky from the rain we had the other night. Oh BTW, I got a free car wash. My wash earlier had a clean car guarantee & it rained during the night within 48 hrs, so.... Thursday is inter-park pool tournament day. I drew Luther as partner, same as last week & we struggled again and won one of our three games [same as last week], although they were all good games. Visited a bunch in the park and helped Kenny fix on his park model a bit. It was funny, Kenny & Doris got back to their rv late, tired & hungry after working on it. Marg had bought a whole chicken that she deboned and put much of it in our salad. Yes I am eating salad as a main course - who would-a thunk it. Anyway she took over the balance of the chicken, some rolls and what was left of the apple pie. You would have sworn she gave them the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We are lunching out tomorrow & not having salad for supper 2 days in a row. LOL Went for a walk after supper and saw the owls, they have been here each of the 4 yrs we have been staying here.

1 comment: