Monday 30 January 2012

Last Monday in January

What a gorgeous day. I think it was in the mid-70's today. Emailed pictures to friends around the park from the dance on Saturday night & got a few laughs. Went for a long bike ride, well long for me. Had to go and help Kenny move some furniture out of their park model so the floor layers can start tomorrow. Marg did the vacuum thing this AM and is in love with her new vac. After lunch I played pool. Marg went to her hairdressers and had a manicure/pedicure.Must have been quite a work-over, I think she was gone about 3 hours. After she got back it was time to get together with Blanke's as Kenny was driving tonight for us and Ron & Mary. We went to the Az Opry, everyone here calls it the Barleens, as they are the owners and main entertainers of the venue. It was a great dinner, roast beef tonight and show. They are both great musicians and singers and have very entertaining acts. I think there were about 40 or more from the park at the show tonight. At intermission Marg & I shared a rootbeer float, they have the best ones around. A fun evening. Joke from the show: A guy & his wife sitting on the patio. The guy is having a beer. Out of the blue he says - I love you! His wife asks is that you or the beer talking. The guy says - that is me; talking to my beer.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of opportunities to take in some culture down in Az! Love the sound of the rootbeer float, must have been in the 70's when I last had one of those.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a great place would be nice to share with you one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting day you had! Hope you create more posts like this one.

    ReplyDelete