Saturday 14 January 2012

Busy Saturday

Big breakfast for me this AM, french toast, eggs, bacon; not so much for Marg who stayed in and had her yogurt. After we went to the Mesa market and I exchanged a bunch of books. Dusters were pretty picked over, so had to go to a second outlet. Got a few other things as well: hats, bread, etc. Then over to the chamber for a coupon book. Yes all of us snowbirds get these; there are so many good deals, like 2 for 1 entrees, etc. Went to a free concert with a singer from Branson. For anyone not familiar, Branson is a country music mecca, much like Nashville. Big expectations as this guy was awarded male vocalist recognition. Should have had my warning signals go off - it was free, just bring a food bank donation & it was in a church. The place was packed, we got great seats. Marg picked up the brochure & it went on to expound on how great this guy was - a Tenor & several cudos from opera houses. I said to Kenny, if a big woman with a spear and a helmet with horns on it come out, we're in trouble. Well as soon as the first song, I knew I was in for a long one. They tricked us, no woman with a spear, just the TENOR. An elbow in the ribs later, I took it all in. Too bad Kenny didn't get a poke as well as he slept through lots of it. The highlights were the songs from Les Miserables & the songs in Italian written by Mario Lanza. Arghhhhh, opera, the curse of the uninformed. Oh yeh, at the end they passed the collection plate. In case you are wondering, I never purchased the CD's on my way out. Oh did I forget to mention we got there an hour early to get good seats, so we were there for 3 hours. Now there was 3 hours of my life I will never get back. After we went to Los Gringos Locos with the other 6 members of our group for dinner. It was very good, can't always say that about Mexican food. Got to use one of our 2 for 1 coupons, so the coupon book has paid its way. We had to go for a walk when we got back to settle things down. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, sounds like a trap. Glad you survived it. lol

    ReplyDelete