Saturday 5 March 2011

Saturday Mar 6th

Happy Birthday Brennan, wow 16 today, wish we could be with you to celebrate. Another nice day in AJ, 78F/26C in the sun. An early start to the day as it was our crew making breakfast, so we were in the kitchen at 6:45. Marg did the scrambled eggs, I did the pancakes. Pat did the bacon in the convection oven today & it was nice & crispy. Ham & sausage links, oh yes and the infamous biscuits & gravy. We fed 70+ this morning and it went pretty well. Alan had a new way of cleaning the grill and it worked much better. Had lots of laughs with the group, fun bunch. At the end I had a bunch of pancake batter, so made a huge pancake; it wouldn't even fit on a plate. Anyway Virginia, the park sheriff, was still in the dining room, so I took it out to her saying I heard she wanted one more & this would be the new standard. She's quite a bit older than me [I know that really is old] anyway one of us is always giving the other a hard time. It was hilarious; cracked the place up. Well, I guess you had to be there. Marg went for a haircut today & you all know how traumatic that is, but it turned out well; as it always does. Went in and exchanged my books at the Mesa market. I think it is winding down, at the end of March they really cut back when the snowbirds migrate north. Speaking of books, I started reading one of the 3 Ma gave me. She said they were westerns, but definitely not my kind - chick books. Read about 100 pages: no one got shot, nothing got robbed, lots of issues around romance & relationships. She's a nice lady, so I tried reading them, but now they will be going back first thing tomorrow. The big news today was that we got a mail box. Up till now Curtis just brought the mail around or left it on the table in the mail area because there were no free boxes. So we are almost permanent residents now, quite a status symbol. Beautiful sunset to wrap up the day.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely sunset... You must really be locals now getting your own post box... X

    ReplyDelete