Monday 14 March 2011

Monday - Mar 14th

Nice day 84F/29C in the sun & there was lots of sun. Yesterday I told you about my gift of a chick, so have found a place for it, but no name yet. Went looking for the hardware piece I couldn't find yesterday, no luck & ran out of time. Had to go pick up new specs, they seem pretty good; I'm not getting dizzy nor falling down yet, so they may be OK. After lunch I played some pool. Every time I missed a shot, the opposition praised the new glasses, nice bunch of guys. Elmer always calls the opposition the enemy. With friends like the pool guys, I don't need enemies. LOL Helped Elmer & Mike clean the tables, they sure needed it. Marg had invited a bunch for cocktail hour, so arrived back at the RV to find a party going on, everyone trying to find some shade from Kenny's rv. Her specialty tonite was mojito's, although I think I have Kenny converted to beer. She was serving everyone drinks & the guys were saying it was just she was back in her A&W days working as a carhop. I think they were not on their first drink when I got there. Most of these people are going to Boulder City/Las Vegas on Friday and for the last week have been trying to get us to go because they want more fun people on the bus. Supper was in the hall, it was a park sponsored sloppy joe night. It was well attended, they were good but sloppy - LOL. Whenever we go for sloppy joes, Marg always asks if it reminds me of high school. The cafeteria at Queen Elizabeth Comp was the first place I ever saw them & at the time thought they were the ultimate. After dinner went to Ron & Mary's for apple pie & ice cream. It was goooood. But we had to hurry it up to go listen to the Sweet Adelines [there are about 40 of them]. One of the ladies on our kitchen team sings in the group & is all alone, so a bunch of us went as her park family. It was very entertaining, great if you like 4 part harmony or barber shop singing. Some of those old gals have quite a sense of humour. Bet you can all hardly wait for tomorrow, remember Julius Ceasar -Beware the Ides of March!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you write things like wanting to find some shade to rub it in to all of us.....lol. I had a great day. Was in Inkberrow helping the Swansons pack up the last of Rock Farm..... Sad to see it go, but on to better things now.... Came home wit a car full of goodies... A new desk chair... Some retro clothing for the girls... Some neat antiques from Uncle Jacks place (their uncle we inherited the Grandfathers clock from) the chap who bought the house was there today... Told me I sounded like a Brummie Canadian lol. I also discovered Cath must have the most interesting stuff of anyone I have ever met.... She has a box full of Mink scarves...... Incredible! Thanks for the parcel....it arrived today, very quick post! Katy was very excited.... X

    ReplyDelete