Thursday 17 March 2011

St Patrick's day

Another warm one, 95F in the shade and there isn't any - LOL. It would be hard to describe this heat, you have to experience it. Yet a night it cools right down, almost to a chilly level. Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone who sent them on FB. Busy day, Marg running around for some stuff for a party, me I played pool in the inter-park tourney. We got beat pretty soundly today at Mountain View, I think we won 6 or 7 games of the 18. May partner & I won 2 of 3 and tha was our best effort. Told the association pres & vp that we needed money to invest in pool lessons for our players - alas I don't think they took me seriously. For dinner we went to the corned beef & cabbage dinner in the hall. It was great, the food was good and plentiful and there were over 100 people in attendance. The desert, although simple, was great. Vanilla ice cream with green creme de menthe to pour over it - yum. Pretty funny because Ron announced my birthday and they all sang, then he asked me to share an Irish story. I told the one about the Irishman drowning in a vat while working at the brewery in spite of being pulled out 3 times & got a laugh. After supper Marg had invited a bunch over for cake & an apertif which lasted about 3 hours. They gave me some funny cards and we swapped lies and shared lots of laughs. Oh yeh, some more yellow chicks, that may well be my legacy - LOL. The cakes were unique, she found them at some Mexican shop bakery in Mesa & everyone raved how good they were & they all wanted to know where the shop was.

1 comment:

  1. The cakes look amazing, glad you had such a good day. Sorry your parcel didn't arrive in time.... I feel bad about that. Can't wait to see the cake for Moms. X

    ReplyDelete