Friday 28 January 2011

Friday Jan 28

Another nice day, temperatures in the mid 70's. Went to the Mesa market to exchange books, I think the old gal who runs it is starting to recognize me now, as it's a regular Friday event. Marg got some fruit & vegtables. We looked at a bunch of kokopeli & gecko figures, I think Marg wants one for the cabin wall. Played some pool after lunch & had a good group, ones you laugh a lot with. We stopped at a few yard sales, a big one at the church on Superstition. Marg was really disappointed & said to me - You know there is only one letter difference between garage & garbage in these sales. Now there is a theory I can subscribe to. After lunch we went to an antique mall, it was a huge place with old stuff all over. The only thing I saw that interested me was the old money, but Marg saw lots of other interesting stuff. Went to Fuddruckers for dinner, we hadn't had a burger for a while and have been bbq'ing lots. After dinner we had a meeting of our kitchen team in preparation for our Canadian breakfast tomorrow morning. Tne whole team were pretty apprehensive about the biscuits & gravy. I had to explain to Ron & Wayne that none of us were familiar with it. He thought I was joking around, but everyone in the group confirmed none of them had that for breakfast before. The rest: coffee, bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes we are good with and will just figure out the biscuits & gravy. Oh, the other neat thing is we need to start cooking at 6:30AM. Wayne said one of us needed to start at 6:00AM to plug in the coffee & steam trays, then looked at me. My reply was that I worked my way to an executive position so that I wouldn't have to be starting at that hour. At least it got a laugh. Should be an interesting day tomorrow, stay tuned. It will the western Canadian contingent on stage: Pat & Diane from Saskatchewan and Alan & Wilma from BC and us!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise you retired Folk ever saw 6:30 twice in a day... you keep going on about those biscuits... lol must have made some impression. Haven't had much time lately, but all caught up on the blog now. Antique market sounds great... x

    ReplyDelete