Tuesday 2 February 2010

Groundhog Day

Well it seems the majority of groundhogs saw their shadows, leaving 6 more weeks of winter. Ummmm that will be March 16th. We are planning on leaving AJ on the end of Feb, so will either have a very slow drive or go touring over to the California side of the Colorado river. ;>)! Today was a nice day here, got up to about 72F & sunny, so he must a seen it here. Hah! Had a cupboard hinge to replace, so did some running around to the RV supply places & hardware stores. Difficult to dedicate adequate time to it as I had to play pool for a couple of hours after lunch. Played better today, thank goodness. Played with Elroy, Glen & Luther, good guys. Glen asked how old I was & when I answered, he said I was just a kid and probably still had gold in my teeth. Not sure, but I think that means having my teeth, LOL. The Wii bowling has been put off indefinitely as Tim [the guy organizing] was taken away in the ambulance today, nice guy so it really upset everyone. Marg went to bingo alone tonite and said she came close; not sure thats any better than far when it comes to bingo. She said it was fun, sat with her regular bunch and they had lots of laughs. There is a difference between the way men and women relate. She was in Bealls [like Winners] the other day and Mondays they have a special discount, so the place was packed. Anyway they had to get their Bealls card out before getting to the till, so the other ladies in line held all her stuff so she could use both hands to search. Well by the time she got to the register everyone knew everyone elses' life story and it was like old home week. Can you imagine a group of guys doing that, would you hold my bolts, you my oil & you my 2x4s, etc. so I can get my card out - NOT. LOL. Oh well life in Apache Junction.

1 comment:

  1. Thats just a Moom thing... she has the ability to draw a life story out of anyone.. she missed her calling, should have become a police detective or something...lol x

    ReplyDelete