Wednesday 6 January 2010

Wednesday, Jan8th

Another nice day, the sun shone and we soaked it up. Went out and got new sandals, the old - when in Rome, do as the Romans. Filled up with gas, the station - Valero, has one price for a credit card and 6 cents a gallon less for cash. That is actually quite common here. Ended up paying $2.47 per US gallon, thats 3.8 litres, or about 65 cents per litre. Also went to the superstition ranch market garden and bought vegetables. While standing by the check out, an older lady said to me -Excuse me young fellow, to which I replied, it's been a long time since anyone called me that. Her come back was she thought she was at least 20 years older than me, so I was a young fellow. Now that was funny ;>). She probably was. There are some old people here. There are some really bad wigs down here as well. Saw a guy that looked like he had a hat on today. Sometimes its a little like those Walmart pics that you see floating around the internet, you can't make that stuff up. LOL! BBQ'd for supper again. While bbq'ing there was a nice sunset, so took a picture of superstition mtn. The couple next door from Kansas were walking up the drive, so I felt I should tell them I was taking a pic for the blog. This is the view from our site. She said you sure must enjoy bbq. I think a lot of these women put the kitchen on light duty down here.

1 comment:

  1. That one made me smile, Young fellow.. lovely piccy of the mountain.. hard to believe its the same planet.. its that cold here. it was -6 this morning.. brrrrr.. very icy still, snow still on the ground... we may see more this weekend... Katie still didn't have a full class.. she said 18 today... so 6 more then yesterday... but people seem to refuse to bring the kids to school while there is snow on the ground. Cath had a fall and cracked her rib.... poor thing... she still worked though, I guess things are pretty busy at the hospital right now.. Phil is off for his curry tonight... even the snow doens't stop those lads. miss you xx

    ReplyDelete