Thursday 7 January 2010

Thursday - Jan 7th

Howdy from Apache Jctn, another nice day in the land of the sun. Started off a bit cloudy, but turned out to be a very nice day. We missed the coffee & donuts in the rec hall this AM, but will try harder next Thursday. The problem was, you need to get up early for it & as you may know that has not been a big part of our retirement. ;>) Today I played in the pool tournament for team Carefree! We had a road trip to MountainView RV park. We out-racked & out-caromed the opposition. My partner & I took 2 of our 3 games. They wouldn't let me play with a cue off the rack, rather lent me a very nice one, so this afternoon we stopped a sporting goods store and I spent $50 on a skookum cue. Sounds crazy when you have about 20 of them at home, could dimentia be setting in? Marg did her fun thing as well - laundry. Some day I must go see what that is all about. We then had Barbie [our GPS system] take us to Costco where we picked up a few things and then off to Grand Buffet for dinner out. Life if full of chance events, we met Gerry & Carol Canuel and their spouses in the restaraunt. Who would believe you have to travel 3,400 miles to meet a couple of kids from the Calder neighbourhood you grew up with! Carol & Phil have a place not far from here for the winter in AJ. Gerry & Debbie are looking for an investment opportunity in the area. After dinner they came by for a coffee.
Woohoo, life is good!

2 comments:

  1. What are the odds of that... how nice to see folks from the old neighbourhood... gotta love that. Grandma will be pleased when I read her that blog. Loved the pool story.... I was just thinking that I couldn't believe we didn't even play a game over Christmas... reminds me of when we were kids, and used to pay to jump on the trampolines by the mini golf at Alberta Beach... but that was only so we could show off.... hmmmmmmm
    lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice to meet up with your friends.... looks like a good time to be had there.... all the best to all!!

    ReplyDelete