Tuesday 25 February 2020

Tuesday, Feb 25th

A pleasant sunshine day, not quite reaching 70 today, but the wind blew almost all day.
  I had an early appointment with the dental firm where I had my work done in 2013.  One or two of the same ladies there that I have previously dealt with.  They took my top plate that they had supplied and did a repair job on it.  Then I got impressions done for a new set of teeth.  I took a pocket book to read as I knew it would be a while.  The denturist noticed I was reading so brought me a book to read.  It was a sci-fi paperback and she was the author.  It looked interesting, but as I was already in mid-story I just read mine.  My work took about 90 minutes, so when I was leaving I went to take the book and she said it was $15.  It is a self-published book and although the story looked interesting I don't normally read that genre, so I passed on it.  Next Tuesday my new teeth should be ready.  Amazing service compared to anything I could get in GP and even with the dollar conversion, about half the cost.
  Marg went to the crafts group this morning with the other members of the entertainment committee where they worked on decorations for the upcoming Sadie Hawkins day dance.  They had been collecting toilet paper and paper towel rolls and made decorative frogs today.  We both returned home about the same time.
  On arriving the neighbours across the road came over to explain a commotion last night.  It seems someone in the park call police about a loud noise they heard and officers responded at approximately 3 AM.  The couple across the road noticed someone prowling around shining a flashlight under vehicles including ours.  When our neighbour noticed it, he went outside in his boxers and challenged the intruder asking what he was doing.  He was concerned the crooks who broke into 6 vehicles the other night had returned.  The intruder said he was a police officer, shining a bright light in the guys face so he couldn't see.  Things did not go well and our neighbour ended up getting slugged in the face and handcuffed by the cop and was on the verge of going to jail.  At this point his wife came out saying he couldn't see without his glasses and had hearing difficulty without his hearing aids.  A second cop came and got things settled down, calling a supervisor.  It remains to see how this turns out, but he may have to go to court over it.  Bizarre is the word that comes to mind.  A bunch of us told him we would appear as character witnesses if he requires any.
  After lunch I went to play pool.  Marg went for a haircut.  She could not reach the lady she normally uses here, so went with a recommendation from one of her friends.  The pool games went well and we had some laughs in the process.  Fortunately the haircut also went well and she seems satisfied with the result.  This is always a difficult situation, even with the lady she has gone to for years at home, so I was glad to hear it was OK.
  At happy hour the main topic today was the situation around our end of the park.  No one could believe the story almost questioning if the details were accurate.  All I could tell them was both he and his wife had the same story.  The supervisor when he came sat with them in their trailer for a while saying the magistrate he would appear before is a reasonable guy.  Some people thought the arrest was to cover his behind regarding the punch.
  The evening ended a little quieter with supper at home and bingo in the hall.  As usual Marg went early to sell cards and as usual we never won.  The good news was Doris won twice, so we were happy for her.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a rookie cop... what an ordeal. Hope things work out for your neighbours... naturally they would be curious about who was around when there had recently been a prowler x

    ReplyDelete