Tuesday 28 January 2020

Tuesday, Jan 28th

It was chilly last night, but again became a nice day.  We had a cool wind most of the day, but it was still short pants weather.
  A couple guys went for a bike ride this morning, so I joined them.  Earlier I had inflated the tires [tyres for those in the UK], but the rear one needed some air this morning.  Got it pumped up to 80psi and joined the guys for our inaugural ride of this winter.  We rode into the wind going east to Idaho, but coming back was a breeze [pun intended].  It gave us about 5 miles today, which was fine for the three of us until we get ourselves in shape.  The bike ran just fine, I almost forgot what a nice bike it is to ride.
  Marg went to water aerobics this morning and said the pool temp was just right.  There were 8 or 9 ladies and she said the workout went very well and she enjoyed it.  Although there are some of the routines she can't do, it seems to agree with her as she was able to do it within her comfort zone.  I think having the golf cart is a big part of it.  She also stopped for the mail and it was pretty much flyers.  Some of our friends here are interested in the snowbird association 2 day event in Mesa [details were in yesterdays mail], not that its free nor that there will be vendors handing out freebies had any influence on them 
  We had a large lunch today, a stir fry with noodles.  It was very nice and was the first thing Marg ate other than a yogurt mid-morning.  I had my usual banana, muffin and later a yogurt, but after my ride was ready for more.
  After lunch I went to shoot some stick, ie: pool.  I played much better today, probably a result of the guys I played with.  I won my share, but have to confess some were the result of others scratching on the 8 ball.  I did win one game with a very good shot, so that always keeps the opposition guessing. The association Treasurer stopped in to ask if we could schedule the financial review this year before I leave for home.
  Marg had company and they went over the events planned or scheduled for February with the lady who makes and prints the calendar.  It is always a bit of a juggling act to try and accommodate everything as some things compete for resources of space and others   The other thing they try to do is create a schedule that has opportunities for all, i.e.: not scheduling competing or over-lapping events where the anticipate conflicts on peoples time.
  Happy hour tonight was at Blanke's and we were late as we were on the phone with family.  It is always a popular event at their place so late for me is a problem.  I usually end up almost on the road.  Marg always has a reserved seat [the only one I might add] at their place, so for her not a problem.  If someone sits in it, they are advised they have to move when Marg arrives.  Talk about spoiled.
  Supper was a rush event, so we went out to Taco Bell, something that is becoming our normal  Tuesday.  It was bingo tonight and Marg has to be there an hour early to help sell cards.  I generally get there a half hour or more later.  The money ball is up to $650, so lots of excitement.  One of the residents had some family members to play tonight.  She doesn't buy the money ball, its an extra dollar per person, so they never.  One of the young ladies called bingo on the money ball number, but not having entered just got the regular payout of $30 rather than the $650.  A good case of false economy on saving the dollar I would say.  It was good news for the rest of us who will be there next week hoping to win the money ball.  Oh I won, but had to split with 2 others, so my big win was $10 tonight.

1 comment: