Friday 10 January 2020

Friday, January 10th

Another cool day in the valley, although the sun shone brightly the temperature only reached up around 60 degrees.  Now while this is warmer than home, it is not the Arizona we signed up for.  LOL
  After breakfast I went out to look for the park maintenance people about the water I saw last night.  It turns out that one tenant left a hose on and there was not water line break.  Judging from the amount of water it must have been on a very long time.  When I got back we made up the bed in the Az room as Marg had already done the bedding, then we stripped our bed to change the bedding.  I had a call from the dealership, it seems the valve body has to go to Chrysler for the work to be approved because of the dollar value of the repair, so we will not get the truck until Monday.  I asked them why I couldn't just get a new transmission.  His reply was because of the cost, a transmission would be about $8,000 and Chrysler would not approve it.  The valve body is apparently $2,000. Marg had some visitors and I went over to Kenny's to discuss plans for supper tonight.  I think I ended up with a job in the process.  Kenny is chairman of the election committee and there is a committee rep on each block with our block having an opening.  I have every reason to believe there will be an election for the tenants association board to at least 2 positions this year, so may have a job out of it.  It involves canvassing the block to see if anyone is interested in running and then the committee puts forward a slate of candidates they nominate.  On election day, the chairman opens nominations from the floor where anyone can run.  Failing any then the slate is acclaimed.
  After lunch we went to Costco, big mistake on the weekend and that apparently includes Friday.  The parking lot was packed and there was a long line to get tot he exchange counter. She had the 2 pair of jeans I had picked up as well as the sweater she had.  While she was doing that I went for fuel, which was a madhouse, almost a traffic jam.  She made it through the refund counter and walked almost to gas bar by the time I was done.  It was the first time putting gas in the jeep, so I took my time in line to verify how to open the fuel door as I didn't want to be searching for it with lines of  unhappy people waiting. 
  After returning back to our place I played some pool in the park.  Marg finished up her laundry and had more visitors.  We sorted out our supper plans and one of our friends was driving his van.  It's not a normal van, rather its high roof with 3 rows of bucket seats, fairly deluxe.  We went back to the Red Mountain Cafe which is quite a ways from here.  We had the all-you-can eat cod at $10.99 each.  The fish was pretty good, not quite as good as the last time we went as the batter was crunchy, not entirely to our liking, but a fun evening with friends.  Not sure if we will be back.

1 comment: