Thursday 12 December 2019

Thursday, December 12th

A chilly night last night, but the morning warmed quickly and it turned in to a very nice day.
  Marg went to the coffee klatch this morning as there were quite a few things involving the entertainment committee.  After the meeting the gamblin' gals assembled in the area around the front gate and went on a road trip to the Fort.  There were six ladies today, so a real car full.  It was good to see Marg finally had a winner, getting a bingo on a $600 pot, although she had to share it and her payout was $120.  A good win for her.
  I left a bit before 9 to play golf with Gerry at Encanto as it was near the end of the morning rush so traffic was heavy.  The course did a major renovation at the restaurant and pro shop.  It was nice to be able to have a bite to eat at the turn as it was not open for the last couple of years.  The course was in nice shape with work on some tees, the traps had new sand, the tee markers were replaced.  We were give a third person to play with us.  You can never be certain what you get, but he was good company.  Started off hitting a ball in the water, but that was my only lost ball.  My game was a bit rusty, but overall I was satisfied with my game.  It was about 21 C, so to me like a pleasant summer day.  The course was full, but played well, we finished in just under 4 hours.  The drive home was much lighter traffic, the only heavy part where the 101 & 202 meet.
  When I got back to our place, there was a stack of about a dozen Christmas cards and a plate of cookies on the table.  Our Christmas cards are draped over the valances and we are pretty much out of room.  I caught a bit of a nap [about 20 minutes], showered and then did some research on jokes for tonight.  We still only have the Animal Race organizer telling jokes, so I pitch in when needed.  When Marg let me know she was close, I took the cart down to their drop-off place.  Another couple [whose company we really enjoy]  just arrived in the park this morning, so visited with them until Marg arrived.
  Back at home I finished my joke research while Marg made supper.  With all the stuff going on, it was a hurried effort to get to the races.  Small crowd there tonight, but it was fun.  Marg won 3 of 8 and I won 5, so we did reasonably well.
 
 

1 comment: