Tuesday 26 November 2019

Tuesday, November 26th

We are already in the midst of a cooling period for much of North America and here in Arizona while not as severe as those up north, it is chilly here and forecast not to get better until the weekend.  A little early for this stuff.
  This morning Marg did some laundry in our machine and it seems to be working fine.  With this stuff sitting idle through a hot summer, you can never tell until you use it.  I went for a bike ride, not very far as there was a cold wind blowing off the mountains and I was riding right in to it.  That and being out of shape for riding, I turned back early. I just wanted to make certain it was running as it should.   At home I cleaned out he gutter on the east side as it was running over in the last rain storm because of he debris stopping it from draining properly.  By then Marg had gone to her meeting of the entertainment committee.  She is now the custodian of the money advanced to the committee.  I thought we should use it to buy a bunch of beer and have a big party, now that would be entertainment.
  Lunch was some very nice buns Marg had picked up.  They are almost like sweet rolls so I am certain none will be around long enough to go stale.  After lunch Marg went out to Ross' as she was looking for a few things.  Apparently her credit card is still a problem and would not work.  Fortunately it was not her only card.  Then it was back home where she contacted our bank to report the problem.  Apparently they were very helpful and a replacement Visa card is being sent by courier and should be here within 2 business days. 
  I went to play pool and had a few laughs in the process.  It was funny today, at the start I could do no wrong, everything I shot went in and that includes some pretty remarkable shots like a bank off an end cushion into a side pocket.  At the end the opposite was true, nothing i shot at went in.  At one point my opponent only had 3 balls and i was yet to make one.  Kind of a humbling experience any way you look at it.
  Happy hour was on Donkey lane at Gary & Patti's and was very well attended, in spite of the cold.  There were several Albertans there still wearing short pants, I was not one.  A nice touch Patti had made hot chocolate and it was very popular.
  Supper was Taco Bell tonight.  They have amazing deals and the food is pretty darn good for a fast food place.  On top of that they give us a seniors discount, so for $11 we had more food than we could eat with drinks included.
  Back to our place as Marg had committed to help sell cards at the bingo tonight.  She told me she was picking up her cards so she could mark them in case the time didn't permit when sales stopped.  She said she never picked up any of the extra cards, so I picked up the early bird game and double daubs for her.  When I got to the table I found she had bought early bird cards, so we had 9 sets of 3, a lot of cards for us.  When the game was called, I played 4 sets, Marg played 3 and it was nose down bum up bingo.  I started laughing thinking about the time we had done the same thing when we went with Mom and Linda one time.  I said to Marg I wonder if the caller could speed up, I almost caught up to her with my dabbing.  The really funny part was I won that game, it paid $56, so we were bucks ahead tonight and got a few laughs in the process.

2 comments:

  1. That’s hilarious... I struggle with one card lol
    I know the dollar isn’t very strong against the American bucks, but the value is still there as you seem to get such good deals with food fuel etc x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you were working pretty hard for your $56

    ReplyDelete