Sunday 3 March 2019

Sunday, March 3rd

A gorgeous day in Apache Junction.
  Marg made up a monkey bread last night and popped it in the oven early in the morning.  So we sat around in our pj's until it was done and thas so light.  I'm not sure whether this is the new formula, but I think the plan is to go back to the original way.
  I went for a bike ride with two other riders in the park and we took the west route again, so it was about 8 miles, uphill both ways.  LOL  It was a good ride, but I was glad I just had shorts and a tee shirt on as a jacket or long pants would have been too warm.
  When I got back we went out to Burlington Coat at the Superstition mall and Marg found a few things.  I even found a new pair of sneakers, so it was a good stop for me as well.  By the time we finished we were hungry and decided on a place that has brunch or breakfast options.  We stopped at two Denny's and an Ihop, but all were lined up out the door.  Going out for lunch / brunch after church in groups seems to be very popular here.  We ended up at a Jack in the Box where we have had pretty good luck previously and were again today.  We both had a combo and coffee and it was fine.  The we stopped at Safeway to get some breakfast bars.  I am going golfing tomorrow at Encanto and not certain if the food concession is operating so want to take some with me.
  When we got home I started looking at a flaw in the flooring in the bedroom.  It's just under the vanity, but I pulled up the two pieces that looked like they had some damage.  Sure enough they need to be replaced, but I didn't have any left over from the installation, so we went out to see if we could get some.  They were bought at Lowes, but neither they nor Home Depot had any that were an exact match.  They had some in a color and pattern that were close and some that the joint was a reasonably good fit, but none that were both.  Apparently the product changes almost every year in one or both of those aspects.  We almost bought some that were a good fit but poor color, but decided to keep looking before doing that.
  Back home we had some chill time.  Supper was the left over corned beef hash and it was better the second day.  Well I am biased, I love that stuff.  We didn't have desert with it being ice cream social tonight.  They had a good turn-out and we had the same as usual ice cream dish and cake for Marg, banana split for me.  One of the guys was around asking if I wanted to play pool after and both Kenny and I went.  As luck would have it I had taken my pool cue with me.  Well, not so much luck as Marg said .... There were 7 guys and we had lots of laughs, a fun evening.  When I got home another surprise, I had piece of the strawberry cheesecake Marg made yesterday. 

1 comment:

  1. Charlene Smith3 March 2019 at 23:38

    Sounds as though your being well fed, no surprises there x

    ReplyDelete