Thursday 28 February 2019

Thursday, Feb 28th

The last day of February 2019, where do the days go?
  Our day started out at the koffee klatch and it was well attended.  The donuts today were paid for by the outgoing board of directors.  Marg thought she had time to go back to our place for her bingo bag and purse, but the other ladies going had theirs with them.  I had to duck out and get them so she could leave from the clubhouse with them.  There were four gamblin' gals today.
  I had a meeting with the outgoing treasurer and the incoming treasurer after coffee.  I have done this a few times now, it is a cursory review of the financial statements to attest to the veracity of the numbers in the financial reports and the recording of transactions.  It takes a bit of time, a little over an hour today as I just do a spot check and look for continuity and anything odd.  The departing treasurer was a good one until the last year.  He has become a disturbing factor in the park, firstly trying to get the entire board replaced, then some of the key people in the organizers of events here.  I can't be certain of the reasons, but it appears there are people in the background influencing him.  He had people in fear of the review I would be conducting and when I put that rumour to rest, tried to create suspicion about the remaining board members.  Most people in the park don't seem aware of the drama and there was a large group trying to get me to take the job.  I just come here to be warm and have some fun, so will be glad to be done with the review this year.
  The rest of my day was spent doing some caulking after I picked it up at the hardware store.  I have a seam along where the roof and siding meet.  The stuff I bought is clear, doesn't yellow, has some unique characteristics, i.e.: waterproof, elastic, etc.  It was kind of difficult to apply, but I think I have it.  I also got another tube of the sealant I am using along the base of the Az room as I ran out with my first tube.
  I know most of you are really worried about what I had for lunch, but rest assured I ate.  Yes you know it, a ham and cheese sandwich.  Oh yes, I had an orange for desert, these ones are just excellent.  I swear my brain goes into idle when it comes time to decide what to eat, Marg really has me domestically challenged.  At the golf course yesterday, Gerry talked one of the guys into golfing with us on Monday, but hadn't booked a tee time, so I did that too.  We also picked up a 4th golfer at coffee this morning, so I will be riding in the HOV lane coming back, hooray.
  I went down to pick up Marg and parked at Smitty's place.  He has been working on some of the sticks I brought him and they are amazing.  He really knows how to get the best out of them.  I got lucky with some of the ones I picked this year.  They were a bit late getting back, so we dropped off her stuff and went to happy hour in the other side of the park.
  Supper ;was shrimp and rice tonight and then we went to the animal races.  As luck would have it the elephant won tonight.  Well actually I had 6 winners.  Marg only had 3, but on one had placed 3 dimes on a winner paying long odds, so got $2.10 returned.  There was a good turnout tonight and it was a fun evening.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Charlene Smith2 March 2019 at 00:30

    Hope the gamblin girls came out winners too x

    ReplyDelete