Thursday 31 January 2019

Thursday, Jan 31st

How can this be, another month has passed.  There are songs about the passage of time, but the one that comes to mind has a line something like - Time keeps on slipping, slipping away..  I guess the message is enjoy every day.
  It was a nice day today, even though it was chilly in the house.  The thermostat sometimes get set low during the day so that if we use the screen door the heat doesn't come on.  Well when I got up it was at 66F, so about 19C, but it seemed colder.  It was ok wrapped up under the covers, but when I got up at 6:30 it was an eye opener.
  We had a cup of coffee, I had a shower and it was off to the koffee klatch.  It was very well attended this morning, possibly having two guest speakers influenced people, or they may have got wind that donuts were free this AM.  A couple in the park paid for them, very nice.  One of the speakers was the park owner, Atmore, you may recall that is his given name.  He spoke about improvements made and what they cost.  He also had a surprise announcement on the lot rents.  They will be moving all up to where we are at $2,600 and the new ones to $2,800.  It will be interesting to see the impact, but the rate is still very attractive.  The other was that all but 13 of the sites in the park are rented by the year.  The second speaker was from the fire dept.  She gave everyone a free smoke detector with a 10 year life battery.  I just bought a new one for here a couple of weeks back, so I will take it home.  I should replace the one there and as it's on a vaulted ceiling, it's one I don't want to change the battery on every year.  The other hand out was a "File of Life".  It is a magnetic holder of a list of contacts and personal medical information on residents.  It is such a cool idea, I got a second one to show the fire dep't in GP.
  After the meeting Marg stayed to make sloppy joe filling, something she has done for 10 years now.  They will be a popular item tomorrow at the park wide patio sale.  I went back to put out our sale items as we have quite a few things to get rid of this year.  Most of them were Marg's, so pricing had to wait until she got here.  The day prior is when residents go through checking things out, so I went out to have a look and in the process picked up a half dozen pin punches from a guy leaving the park.  When Marg got back and priced stuff, she went touring around the park with the neighbour gal.
We sold most of what we had: bath mats, circular saw, pool cue, hammer, steamer, screwdrivers, etc.  Marg went around the park with the gal across the road and came back with a couple of decorations and some hair spray.  The gal bought a recliner chair that I had to take the truck to get for her.  Shortly after Smitty was over and saw they chair for sale, I guess it didn't work in the 5th wheel, so he bought it and you know who helped him load it and put it in his house.  He was at his friends who originally sold the chair, who said well you missed out on the chair, to which he replied, no I didn't.  Pretty funny.
  Then I went for a ride with Marg where she bought a HUGE wall hanging and I got a battery charger, each was $10.  Back at our place I had a job to hang the thing and then find a place to hang the thing it replaced.  At the place where I got the charger, he had an old Stanley hammer for sale and was asking $3 for it.  I checked it out on line and found one just like it selling for $65, so went back to tell him he is a little low on his price.
  We had enough running around, so never went for happy today.  We put a nice steak, potatoes and a yams on the bbq and stayed in.  Will be a busy day tomorrow.
 

1 comment: