Thursday 10 January 2019

Thursday, Jan 10th

A bit cooler day today, I think the high was in the 60's, so still a long way above the temps at home. 
  We got out early and went to the coffee klatch this morning.  Good thing to as we had a guest speaker and he bought donuts.  He was from RV Traders, a popular dealer in Apache Junction.  His visit was to invite people to a free lunch and to see their new models.  Apparently it now takes 6 to 8 months to get a new park model and if you want a used one they put your name on a list in case one becomes available.  There is one coming up for sale in our park and the seller [a friend of Marg's] is going to take bids on it and has 7 people interested.  Since she has taken a position on the entertainment committee, Marg likes to attend these to keep up with events in the park.
  After coffee we went out to Mediacom to pay our bill and then to Costco.  My main reason to go to Costco was the security people the GP airport took away the bin I had my stuff in and when I still had not retrieved my hearing aid batteries.  The pocket holder with two new batteries gone.  I never discovered it until we were on the plane and one battery went dead.  Kind of annoying the way they hurry you along.  Along the way we stopped at Long John Silvers for lunch where Marg had the fish combo & I had the shrimp combo.  On the route we passed the coin shop I generally have find good deals at, but I resisted temptation.  Anyway Costco here don't have them down here, but have had several requests like mine.  Duh!  We always manage to find some things, so $150 later we had a nice bottle of scotch, a bathroom mat, socks, a top, etc.
  Back at home we did a bit of visiting and watched a couple of guys move a barrel cactus.  Shortly after sitting down at our place on of Marg's friends daughters came to ask a favour.  Her son & daughter-in-law were stranded, so I volunteered to pick them up.  They flew in to the Mesa airport to surprise his grandmother.
  Got back to the park just in time for happy, it was at Gary & Patti's and a large group.  It was kind of fun today.  When the daughter showed up with her son they split up with the two surprise visitors coming around the trailer so they were hidden until they were right behind her.  Pretty neat.
  Supper was bbq steak and it turned out pretty good.  We still have a large supply of meat in the freezer from all Marg's earlier bargains. Marg made up her usual potato and vegetable tinfoil dish to do on the bbq as well.  Then it was off to the Animal races where they had a very large crowd, likely the most people I have seen.  Marg won 5 races, me 4.  The big surprise was the elephant won 3 times, so you know those are wins for me.  Oh and they were short of people to tell jokes, so I told a couple tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment