Monday 28 January 2019

Monday, Jan 28th

A nice day in the valley, even the night time temps were warmer.  It was back to short pants during the day as it was a great day to get out and about.
  I went riding with the guys this morning.  We went the west route, I think we made about 9 miles today.  There were 3 of us today. It looks that may well be our number for a few days.  I went to dig out my old bike, but the kick stand fell off it, not sure what happened there.  When I got back I washed the bike and the golf cart.
  I decided to have another look at the noisy brake problem on the cart again today, so I took it over to Smitty's place.  He has experience working in brakes and many other things.  While there he had a lady bring her cart over to see if he could stop the annoying back up alarm.  Now this was something I had experience with, so we pulled the dash plate out and unplugged it.  We jacked up our cart and somehow one of the brake cables was detached, so we fixed that.  This meant a bunch of adjusting on the cable tightener, after all this I could be wearing it out.  LOL His next idea was the drums were not tight enough, so he snugged them onto the axle.  Then we tightened all the wheel nuts.  He has some other ideas, but these were the ones he wanted to start with.  It's not perfect, but it is a whole lot better.  We are going to see if they wear in better and achieve a better result.  He also showed me some of the work he's been doing on the diamond willow canes and walking staffs.  Very impressive.
  By then it was lunch, Marg made the corn chowder with crab that we picked up at Costco yesterday.  Nice soup.
  After lunch Marg vacuumed the place and then steamed the laundry so she could put it away.  This place gets so dusty she said the little dust buster was full to the point of being plugged. I went to play pool.  It has been a while, but it all came back to me.  LOL  One of the guys broke off his game and came to play with me.  He is a good player, but got off to a slow start, so I won the first two games.  Then it was back and forth a bit, good games and a few laughs.

  Not much time after pool as we were going out to San Tan Flats for supper.  Its a kind of a western yard  theme and you can eat in the restaurant or out in the yard sitting at picnic tables.  There was a good sized group from the park, about 30 of us so we wanted to get there early.  The drive is about 20 miles south of here so a bunch car pooled, we rode with Blanke's.  The food was good and we went through a couple pitchers of beer. Lots of laughs with the group.

1 comment: