Monday 26 November 2018

Monday, Nov 26th

A nice day in the Valley, I think the temp made it up to about 74 today, oh yes 23 C for my family, but that was only for 4 or 5 hours after lunch.
  We went out for a quick trip to Walmart this morning to get some upholstery materials, mainly foam and fiberfill.  The recliner chairs have some compaction in the seats and backs, so we plan to firm them up a bit.  Not certain why, but I suspect it might relate to the high temperatures in the summer when the place is closed up.
  Speaking of lunch, Marg went with the group of ladies from the park for lunch at the Olive Garden.  There were to be 30, but a few more decided to go at the last minute, so she was running around with one of the organizing ladies sorting out the rides.  As it was Marg took 5 other ladies with her, so short of putting them on benches in the box, she was full.  It seems everyone wants to be in her posse.  Sounds like they had a fun time and lots of good food and a few drinks were consumed.  Typical of Marg she drank water and ate appy's and salad.  Knowing the gals in this park it must have been a lively event.  In case you are wondering, my lunch was not so great.  LOL
  I spent the morning digging out the Agave plant in the front area.  When Marg & her friend planted it two years ago, it was a bit large, but not overly.  In the 3 years since it has sure grown fast.  I wasn't too concerned as it never gets watered or fertilized, but it seems these cactus plants don't need much to prosper.  Anyway I couldn't get near the window or awing without being skewered.  It's not a bad looking plant, but the fronds have dozens of sharp points that I have ripped clothes and skin on.  To remove it I had to use a hand saw   After I had all the fronds cut off, I had to stack them on the back of the golf cart for transport to the bin.  The center spire on it was about 4 feet high, all of if requiring good leather gloves.  Well it's not all gone, it seems it had sprouted a small new growth under all it's foliage.  This I moved and planted, its about 8 or 10 inches high, so if we still have the place in 5 or 6 years I'll be doing it all over again.
   In the afternoon I went to play pool.  The 4 guys playing at the main table usually say - hi Dave, but today they all did it in unison.  Pretty funny, so I said now I know how Norm felt on Cheers.  Got in with a different group of guys today and had a tough time staying on the winning side.  When the final results were in I think my win / loss ratio was on the negative side, but it's all good.
  I was delayed getting to pool because of an email I received just before noon. It tried to appear as coming from Telus, but was in reality a scam.  Most of my time spent on this was the 45 minutes while on hold listening to elevator music.  If you saw my FB post you already know the story on it, but fortunately I never opened the link to update my profile.  It look real enough except I wanted to ask Marg if our November payment was made so had to wait for her to get home & it was.  There was a typo on the warning, odd from Telus.  But I could not figure out why the email came to me when we use Marg's in our Telus account.
  Happy hour was just up the road and was well attended today.  While I never heard it, I guess the ladies talked about the mess the popcorn machine was left in by persons unknown.  Anyway after happy we went and picked up the bucket that makes it.  I took the lid off and she got is sparkling clean inside.  When the ladies were carrying on about how good it looked, she just said that was why she's known as Mrs. Clean.  LOL  The days are getting a bit shorter and the sun is low on the horizon by 5 o'clock, so happy breaks up pretty quick these days.
  Supper was a slow cooker affair.  Pork chops, vegetables, potatoes, all in that wonderful little appliance. 
  Almost forgot, got an email and golf starts this week, so Wednesday I have plans.  Gerry was playing today and called to invite me, but I had to decline - no wheels.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Sounds busy as ever.... glad to hear golf has started x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also 99.9%of those e mails are spam! x

    ReplyDelete