Tuesday 6 March 2018

Tuesday, Mar 6th

What a beautiful day.  The wind blew in AJ, it always does as it comes off the Superstition Mountains, but it was not a cold wind.  As we went in closer to the centre of Phoenix, it got warmer and the wind died down.
  Before we left, Marg put a load of laundry in the machine and then we had some cereal and left for some retail therapy.  Well sort of I took a pocket book to read and Marg took her pocket book to spend.  The quest is still looking for that grandmother of the bride dress.  The challenge is daunting as she found one she loved, but could not get it in her size and although she has bought the back-up dress she is still seeking THE ONE.  We went in to the outlet mall at Tempe where they had about 6 shops that she loves, even a Nordstrom's.  The first store she went to she found 3 tops, but no suitable dress, then on to the Dress Barn, nada; then Ross's again nada.
  By then it was lunch time, so we went to one of her fav's, Ruby Tuesday.  They have a pretty nice salad bar, not one of my fav's, but the food is good.  As predicted she had the salad bar while I ordered the RT burger.  When I go to a place that has a burger on the menu they list as they special or traditional burger, I generally order it and have seldom been disappointed.  That was the case today, but I could not do justice to the mound of french fries it came with. 
  Then it was back into the breech and we went over to where the Nordstrom's store was.  Well Marg dashed in there with visions of success as that was where she got her dress of choice for Anna's wedding.  Me, well I never go into a store where tee shirts start at $100, it just isn't me.  It happened there was a Total Wine very close by so I went in there and drooled over the rows and rows of fine whisky.  I ended up not buying anything as the ones that appealed to me were better priced at Costco and I have not really enjoyed some of the lesser known ones I have bought there in the past.  They would fall into the OK category, good enough for company.  LOL  So I went back to the truck to read my duster.  Marg came out with nothing again, well you can imagine that was not as bad as it sounds.  Hah.
  From there we headed back towards home and about half way we turned off the 202 at Power road as I wanted to get a hair cut.  I dropped Marg off at Superstition Springs where she went to TJ Max and I went over to the new Mexican barber.  I was lucky as there was only one guy in the chair, very unusual.  By the time I left there were 3 or 4 guys waiting their turn, which is more normal.  There is a Van's golf store next to the barbers, so I stopped in for some short tees, you know the ones you use to hit an iron shot.  Often I use broken tees, but sometimes they are scarce so I like to have them in the bag. Kind of bugs me as they cost more than the longer ones, probably a volume thing.
  Back to pick up Marg who had a small bag with some things she needed, none of which were a dress.  I think a shower curtain and something for her hair.  Then back home.
  When we got home I remembered that we still needed water, so down to the outlet to fill the 5 & 2 gallon bottles.  It's not just that we like the filtered water better, but we prefer the water cooler given the amount of  we drink here.  The 5 gallons usually doesn't make a week.
  Supper was in tonight and we finished off the potato salad and some more of the ham.  It was good and we needed to have something fairly quick.
  Off to the bingo in the hall.  It was fairly well attended and we were close almost every game.  Well better than close actually.  I won one game by myself [$28] and split the final game, the double daub with another Canuck so we each got $61, so a pretty good night for a guy who almost never wins.

2 comments:

  1. A good haul at bingo, must have made the cost of tees easier to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good shopping I missed out on.

    ReplyDelete