Sunday 18 March 2018

Sunday, March 18th

Happy birthday to my brother Jim, called him this morning and it was nice to hear that things are positive with him.
  It was a cooler day today, but by Alberta standards a nice day.  The week ahead looks to be a warm   one.  I started the day attending the church service in the park.  I was a bit weary this morning, but as I can't go next week so wanted to make I put in an appearance.  The attendance was down a bit this week, so it was a good thing I went.  This is a common trend at everything now as there are & will be departures almost every day for the next couple of weeks.
  Marg had a load of laundry done by the time I got back and a second one in the machine.  I made a few deliveries before we did anything else, we had some chairs left here as well as a few other personal things, so I made the rounds to get them to their owners.  We went out to the Mesa marketplace so I could trade in my pocket books and pick out a few new ones.  Marg wasn't really looking for anything and that is exactly what she came away with - nothing.  LOL  The place was sure busy, but there are few empty stalls now so they must be feeling the effects of the homeward migration.  The selection of westerns was even smaller than usual, but I managed to get enough to get me through until next week.  How many is that, well 5 should do.  I really don't watch tv without reading a book unless it is a program I really enjoy and they seem to be few.
  I have to confess to being weary by this time, it seems late nights are tuff on people over 70, LOL.  We went to go out for lunch, but the places we tried were lined up out the door.  It's a bit of a Sunday phenomenon with the after church crowd lunching out, so we went home rather than stand in line.  We had a nice lunch at home anyway. 
  It was a bit cool in the breezeway so I sat out on the back patio for a bit where it was actually hot.  That's the really nice part of our layout, we have almost two climates depending on where we sit.  It was probably 10 or 15 degrees warmer on the patio, in fact almost too hot.
  Quite a few visitors today, mainly ladies chatting with Marg.  For supper we ate in and a bit early so we could go to ice cream social.  This was well attended tonight.  I had a banana split, Marg the dish of ice cream and cake.  They give us a ticket for next week when we get what we had tonight on the house.   I chatted with Wink [at ice cream] a bit to see if he has sold the golf cart.  That's the one both Marg & I posted on line in different places for him.  I guess it is still for sale, so we may have to renew one of the postings.
  The only negative news to report is the Canada / U.S. exchange rate, the Canadian dollar has seen a gradual decline in value since we got here and is now at 76 cents. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Shows things are winding up if it’s nearly the last ice cream social .... sounds like a nice chilled out Sunday x

    ReplyDelete