Friday 9 March 2018

Friday, Mar 9th

This was a gorgeous day, likely the best one of 2018 so far.  It got very warm, 84 F in a bright sunny day.  We got up to a reasonably early start, but we power slept last night after a busy day.
  Breakfast this morning was the rest of the monkey bread.  It is always best the first day, especially when it's still warm, but still very good the day after.   It was so nice, Marg went to water aerobics.  She said it was well attended this morning and her hip was not a problem in the pool.  She does most of the routines, but there are a couple that she practices an alternate routine to avoid problems.
  While she was a the pool, I cleaned up the power box cover on the trailer.  Its where all the fuses are on the outside wall at the back.  It had become close to bare metal, I don't think it has ever been touched since the place was built.  I had a spray bomb of off-white and wanted to see how close the match was to the golf cart, so this gave me a good opportunity.  Turns out it is very glossy and seems quite light compared to the cart.  In any event it got the box cover looking more presentable.
  When Marg got back we had french toast for lunch.  I think that must be my reward for working the ladies tea yesterday.  She even had a nice french loaf she used for the bread, I must have really done well yesterday.  LOL.
  After lunch Marg went to Cato, the ladies wear store that helped out with the tea.  She had arranged to go with Doris, who was picking up the garments she wore in the fashion parade. I guess they passed Rita and when she heard where they were headed, she jumped in as she also was picking up garments she wore.  Shortly after they got there the place almost filled up with ladies from our park, seems they sold a lot of garments to people here.  Well that was all good, but the best part was Marg found a dress that she really likes and it fit like a glove, so she got it.  This might be the grandmother of the bride dress, no not another backup, the actual one.  Before returning they stopped for some groceries, I think for one of the other ladies with her.
  Well I had a choice so I went to play pool.  There were only a few playing today, but one table had 2 at it, so I played with them.  Played for about 2 hours, the a/c was on in the pool room and it was very pleasant in there.  They have the thermostats locked off now, so the temperature was very moderate.  In the past sometimes it was freezing in there or when it was cold outside, too hot in the room.  I think the park management just decided there was too much of that and this was their solution.  The games went well and I would say I won my share, so that is always good.  One of the new campers in the park stopped to ask if I was carrying a pool stick as he liked to play and wasn't sure what the deal was.  I advised him to just show up at 1 as there are always games and new people are welcome.  I should have asked how good he is, as I get enough beatings, LOL.
  After I got back it was time to go for happy.  It was at the Clifford's today.  I believe they are leaving next week, as they have been here since about October.  They are having some medical problems and want to get back to their doctor in New Mexico.  There is also another couple leaving tomorrow as she is having medical problems and needs to get back to Ohio.  The reverse migration is starting.
  We made arrangements to go out for dinner with Kenny & Doris to Crackerbarrel.  This is one of their favourite restaurants and one that we enjoy.  Marg had the cod and said it was easily the best fish she has eaten in this area and if we go our for fish on Friday, this is now her first choice.
 

3 comments:

  1. If the guy was flagging you down for a game he’s probably played before.
    I’ve never heard a rattle can called a spray bomb, is that a local term?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume you are referring to the little ball that rattles to mix the paint, but yes it is either a spray bomb or aerosol paint.

      Delete
  2. Yipppeeee you found the dress! Can’t wait to see it. I bought mine in a smaller size as a motivator haven’t braved trying it on in a month lol x

    ReplyDelete