Thursday 4 January 2018

Thursday, Jan 4th

Well I am back on-line after a week in the abyss of no connectivity.  Almost makes us want a more updated phone, well almost.  With all this time to update, I will try it chronologically:
Saturday, Dec 30th - drove the final leg of our journey from Las Vegas to Apache Junction, bringing our total mileage to 3,410.  Busy day:  washing the unit & drive area, unloading, turning on services, putting things away, digging out all the stored stuff here, putting things away, getting a few groceries and lots of welcome back visiting.  Dealing with the much predictable water leak.  It was just the pressure relief valve on the hot water tank. Went to Ihop for supper, now things are looking up.  On the way back we went to the new Fry's store groceries, very large with a lot more services and get this a wine bar.  The guys can sit an have a brew or glass while the gals shop.  I guess this is the day Katie would call New Years Eve eve.
Sunday, Dec 31st - More of the same from Saturday.   Washed windows on the trailer as the water her speckles everything.  The place was really dusty, by far the worst we have seen.  I guess a product of the dry summer with lots of dust storms.  Set out some of our patio furniture.  I went to Best hardware for a hose, nozzle, some other stuff.  Supper was with 3 other couples at the Village Inn, where the food is pretty good and the pies are excellent.  Never got pie though as we were both full from the meal.  Did I mention the pie is included, geez why didn't we just get it - to go?
Monday, Jan 1st - Got the laundry machine and bar fridge out and started.  She did the sheets at the Laundromat and smaller stuff in our machine.  I messed with the leaky pressure valve, it might be fixed.  In the afternoon, I played pool.  Had good games and managed to win my share, a surprise as I was idle all summer.  We had enough food we were able to eat in and for supper enjoyed a nice New York steak. A lot vacuum work and wiping today.
Tuesday, Jan 2nd - Marg had an early day and went out with the Gamblin' Gals to the Fort.  I was left to my own devices, so actually left before her.  My first stop was Home Depot for some parts, then on to Harbour Freight.  Had enough bits and pieces to repair some more problems.  Then it was on to the post office to file a notice form for our letter carrier re: our mail service here in the park so that he doesn't send our mail back to GP.  Yes that can happen, this is the voice of experience speaking.  I also bought an airtime card for our second phone and spent an hour or so with Trac Phone to get them to send me a new SIM card, a 5 minute request.  Marg made out OK on her trip, almost broke even.  I went to happy hour where Marg found me when she returned and by then our time was tight, so Time was tight because it was hall bingo that night, so Marg missed happy and made supper.  We again had supper in, Marg made blueberry pancakes, another winner in my book and there were enough left for a couple of breakfasts. Yes Marg played bingo again.  She was close, but I was closer, I won twice, $22 the first time and then split on the second one, so a good night for me.
Wednesday, Jan 3rd - The pressure valve continues to drip, but I bought a replacement that I am too busy to install.  This was our Mediacom day, you know when we get TV & Internet service.  Marg went to Walmart for more groceries and a few other things.  Good thing we have a large fridge as it is now almost half full.  In the afternoon I went to play pool while Marg waited for the Mediacom appointment.  She did some stuff in the house, but it was a day for all her buddies to stop by and chat her up.  When I got back it was my turn to wait for Mediacom [you can't make this stuff up] as they give you a 5 hour window. The guy cam with about 2 minutes left in the window, so we sat around for between 1-2 hours to get our Internet and land line installed and find out the television would require another appointment as they are out of receivers, owing to influx of snowbirds. Too late to cook so it was on to Taco Bell for their specials.  She found a $5 promo meal that gave her twice as much as my Burrito Supreme meal, so the bill came to just over $12. Then I stopped in at Ace Hardware and Marg at Bells.  It seems when she unpacked, she discovered two flip flops, one each from two different pairs and the ones she was wearing were worn flat with no life left in them.  Now that is funny.  Anyway she got two new pair and I got a rubber stopper we needed.
Thursday, Jan 4th - well we are really getting into our normal routine, it was coffee and donuts at the hall, some would say Coffee Klatch.  We both got a fritter, Marg apple, me blueberry; now that is a winner.  The meeting was short another winner.  When we got back I tried to start on the postings for the tenants FB site, emails and blog, but another visitor.  Wink had a line on an older golf cart that was available in the park and offered to take me to see it.  It appeared not too bad and price was right [$1,500, after much bargaining] so I took it for a ride.  There are some issues with it and the serial number is #1 [LOL], but nothing that can't be overcome.  The old guy who was selling it has something better, actually a Smart car converted to run on battery power.  Anyway I brought the cart home for Marg to see, in fact the bill of sale is now in her name, so we own it.  The tires & hubcaps are new as are the 6 batteries.  Much of the afternoon was spent washing and cleaning it up as it was filthy.  The previous owner is half blind, so that was understandable.  It needs a bit of TLC, including some brake work, but otherwise is quite serviceable.  With Marg's hip problems, this was definitely the year to get one.  From the number of people who stopped to see it and the comments we heard, I don't think it would have been for sale very long.  Supper tonight was BBQ and then it was on to the Animal Races.  Not a good night for Bimbo, seems there are too many elephant haters, so he did not perform well.
  Oh yeah, the hot water tank valve continues to drip, but it's a slow one and who knows, it might be hot enough to kill a termite or other bug if it walks by.
  The weather has been great, for the last couple of days we are in short pants, so life just keeps getting better.  That about catches us up and from here on my plan is to be more timely on this blog, so don't write us off just yet.
Happy New Years.

2 comments:

  1. Yipppee blogs back and congrats on the golf cart... I was on FaceTime when wink came to tell you and was doing my best shouting in the background for you to buy it. Happy Bew Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing us up to date. Not sure how those foreign hot water tanks work but on ours you sometimes have to recharge the internal expansion bubble.

    ReplyDelete