Saturday 17 December 2016

Saturday

It rained again last night, the media reported it was quite a storm, but the total rainfall was only something like 1/10th of an inch.  The wind blew hard most of the night as the temperature fell and in the morning it was actually quite chilly.  It was humorous to hear the people complaining about how bitterly cold it is, the day time high reaching the mid 50's, probably 10 or 11C.  For me it was long sleeves and jeans, no shorts.
  Marg got a few things from Walmart and prepared the potatoes for scalloped potatoes.  She had company invited for supper tonight and we were having them with ham and other good stuff.  Doris was making a pie, which is always good, tonight was lemon meringue.
  No one was playing pool today, so I spent some time getting another notice of the musical performance for Wednesday on the tenants FB site.  Cale Moon is going to give us a second performance and is planning on attending our church service tomorrow where he will sing as well.  By time, I have to drag out the printer to scan them, and get everything plugged in.  So while I was doing this I tried to make a DVD containing most of the pictures I have taken in November & December this year.  Kind of a frustrating exercise as I was only able to copy the files to the DVD and we want to run a photo collage on the big TV in the rec hall when events are on.  Marg took the one I made to Walmart and for $6 she got the photo dep't to make a proper DVD with all the pictures.  It turned out pretty cool when loaded, it parades through the pictures pausing on each for about a half minute.  I think it will be interesting both to the tenants and their reactions to it.  We talked about some of the older pictures I have on my laptop and I offered to do some for years past if they want them and are prepared to pay for the DVD[s] to be made.
  Oh yeh, we got the electric bill today.  We were a bit concerned with it being so cool the last few days and now having our own laundry.  Some of the people with laundry see quite high bills, but I think the one we have is very energy efficient as our bill was only $55, probably half of what I have been hearing from others.  Perhaps now Marg will turn up the thermostat.  LOL  The next couple of days are forecast to be cold as we are getting the tail end of a very large storm creating very low temps all over the country.  Even so I believe Arizona is the warmest place in continental USA.
  Marg had a few visitors today, one of whom was Linda as they just got here yesterday.  They are buddies and took some time to get caught up on what each has been up to as well as things going on in the park.  I went down to Lynette's to get the things I bought from her: a bench grinder and a vise.  The bench grinder is a smaller one and I will leave it here where it will be useful; but the vise I am taking home for the shed at the lake.
  Down for happy hour today and then back to our place for supper with Lynette, Larry and the Blanke's.  Larry will be in better shape tomorrow when Nancy gets back and so will Cooper.  We ended up having an enjoyable evening thanks for a great dinner by Marg and desert by Doris.
 

1 comment:

  1. Must be confusing having all those sheds/garages to stock x

    ReplyDelete