Monday 5 December 2016

Monday

It was a nice day today.  I got out for a bike ride with Larry this morning, we made a little over 3 miles which as it turns out is getting close to his max.
  When I got back Marg & I went to the optical outlet that was recommended as a good place to fix glasses.  When the fellow looked at them, he indicated that the arm would have to be cut and re-built, sort of gluing it back together after the repair, giving her a repair estimate of $65.  When Marg went in to pick them up, she had a surprise that it was repairable after all.  The guy straightened it all up and got the spring working to tension the arm so that it works as well as it did before the damage.  Then best of all when she went in to pick them up, he said it wasn't as big a job as he estimated and that the repairs didn't take all that long, so he couldn't charge her what he quoted and that $25 would cover it.  She was so pleased that she asked if he could accept a tip & gave him one.  What a pleasant surprise as he could have just charged her the quoted amount and we would not have known any different.  Nice to see this kind of service.
  While we were waiting for the repair, I went in to Vans golf store which is in the same complex and looked at some cool stuff.  With some time to kill I then went in to the barber store between the two where they offered senior cuts for $12.  They were a couple of young guys & no line up, so I took a chance and got my locks shorn.  The guy did a very good job and I will definitely be returning when it grows out again.  So we both left happy with the stop at this strip retail complex.
  When we got back it was lunch at our place.  I had my wheel thump in a pothole near the driveway on exiting the park.  Its been a conversation item around here, so I took my shovel out front and filled it with sand & gravel.  That is one thing there is lots of in the desert.  After I went and played 8 ball for a couple of hours.  My play seems to be better this year, I attribute it to the snooker I played last summer at home.  The pockets on the snooker tables are so much tighter that it makes these seem easier than I recall in past years.  The bad news it will probably be difficult to go back to snooker at home.
  Marg did a load of laundry and is still happy with the Splendide and the way it works.  Then she went out went out looking for a bundt pan and in the process checked out a couple of places.  She came back with a potato masher and some odds & ends, but not pan.  So there is still a reason to go back in search of the elusive pan.
  The happy hour group were all there today and it was like a gaggle of geese.  There must have been 4 conversations going on at once sometimes.  Supper tonight was bbg steak which was very tasty and that's about it for the day.
 

1 comment: