Thursday 8 December 2016

December 8th, Thursday

An early start as Marg had to get ready for her weekly road trip.  They were on the road at 8:30, as usual with visions of the free cookware and big win in the heads.
  I went for coffee [coffee klatch] & rolls.  I pulled a bit of a fast one, I learned that the rolls were free and knew whoever paid for them would be at the first table called.  As it turns out it was where the Casteel's, Evans and other friends were seated, so I joined them.  The people I normally sit with: Blanke's, Binger, etc. labelled me a fair-weather friend.  Well I don't want to be known for only have one friend, rather like to think I am more open to spending time with anyone.  Are you convinced it was a good decision, well I am, I got a very nice apple fritter.  LOL
  After coffee [which was long this morning] I went for a ride with Larry.  He didn't think we were going this morning so went out on his own.  Then when I showed up he went with me for just over 3 miles.  The weather was a bit chilly, but a nice day.  By the time we got back it was downright warm.
  When I got back I wrote the blog for yesterday and did some emails.  I did some organizing in my shed, then had a bit of lunch.  By then it was time to look in to pool.  It was a road trip day for the pool tournament, so I picked up a guy waiting to see who was coming and headed over to Eastgate.  In prior years this has been a park that kicked our butt badly.  We had 6 players, so each team had to play twice, meaning 6 games.  Not sure how the other teams made out, but Andy & I won 4 of our 6 games, so a good result.  They were tough games, the guys we played were Canadians: one from Bonnyville [Alberta] and the other from Saskatchewan and were fun to play.
  By the time we finished and got back it was well into the afternoon.  After dropping off my rider, I went to wash the truck.  It was a bit dirty with quite a few bug splats on the front.  Then I went over to the hardware to get a spare set of keys made for the doors of the trailer. If we lock ourselves out, we will be out of luck, so am looking for a place to hide a key.  I wasn't back very long and Marg got back.  She had a good day at the Fort; winning at slots and not bingo, the net result being she was not out of pocket any dollars.  Although she did wait on one number for and $1,100 payout.  Lynette did well on the slots, winning something like $500, so they were in good spirits coming home.
  Happy hour was packed.  In fact there were a couple of people who normally don't come, one of whom was the park owner.  The women talked about.......... well not really certain.  I think maybe the happy hour at our place tomorrow as they will be bringing snacks.  Oh yeh, they are all excited as they know Marg will be living up to her margarita reputation once again. This will mean a busy day for us tomorrow morning.
  After we went to Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat.  Marg once again had the $5 meal deal: a hard taco, a meat burrito, a gordito, taco chips with spicy cheese dip and a drink.  I had the quesadea meal [not sure of spelling] and traded my hard taco for her gordito.  Then it was back so we could go to the animal races.  They were well attended tonight and Marg did well winning 6 out of 8 races, while I won only 3.  I endured lots of razzing as the elephant struggled tonight while their choices prospered. Although the one race it did win paid $1, the big payout tonight. We are still short of a few people, so I told a couple of jokes during the lull in the action to help Clyde out.  They both got pretty good response. 

1 comment: