Monday 12 December 2016

December 12th, a Monday

Got off to an early bike ride with Larry & Gary this morning.  This was Gary's first day out and Larry gave him a bag of apples both to feed the donkey and Patti.  Last time he had an apple for the donkey, his wife ate it.  Gary also brought a couple of carrots.  This was our first trip down to see the donkey this winter and Gary is the one in our group who feeds him.  Funny thing was last year he ate apples, this year he was having no part of them, but was keen on the carrots.  We could hear the darn thing braying long before we got there, we joked about it calling Gary for his treats.  After we went west to Idaho and back.  It was just over 4 miles, a good ride for us this year, especially Gary on his first time out.
  When I got back, I caught Marg at the end of dying her hair and here I thought her hair was still it's natural color.  I am so disillusioned, not!  After she went for water aerobics and by the time she went the sun was starting to warm the day right up.  She said the pool was in the 80's, which is almost too warm.  They had a pretty good turn-out, 8 I believe she said.
  I went down to check on Kenny's progress with his toy car.  He has a child's plastic ride in car [VW] that when operational had a battery and electric motor.  He is fixing it up as a lawn [well front yard anyway] ornament.  So far he has painted it red, made black rubber floor covering, black upholstery on the seat, put on real reflectors for tail lights, painted the wheels black and the inserts.  He had some chrome pipe he wants to make tail pipes with, so I took my pip cutter and cut two short pieces off it.  Then I took my hole saw to drill the holes in the back bumper.  There will be a block of wood behind the bumper to hold them, so we drilled holes in the wood to make for a friction fit to steady them.  He is getting close, I think he mainly has to paint the windows on it to make them look like glass and do something with the steering wheel.  He even has a small license plate on it that says Kansas.
  After that it was back to the trailer for lunch as my mermaid had returned from the pool group.  After a quick bite to eat I drove to Superstition mall where she wanted to check out the sale at Macy's.  Funny thing but there were several other guys sitting in their cars reading pocket books like me.  I believe this both helps to reduce congestion in the store and keeps the guys from saying - are we done yet?  Anyway she returned to the vehicle empty-handed, so success was not to be had.
  We got back in time to string up another Christmas banner and read a few pages in my book. Oh yeh, she did some emails.  Then it was off to happy hour.  Marg really wanted to go as Nancy flies home tomorrow for her sister's funeral and she is one of Marg's pals.  The gals must have talked about the block party on Tequila lane tomorrow as they all seemed pumped about it after happy.  One of the guys tried to talk me into golfing tomorrow.  I have a bit of muscle soreness and I don't like to play 2 days in a row, so declined.  This guy plays every day.  Then it was perogy's for supper.  Marg got them from Costco and fried up a bunch of bacon & onions with them, so they were very good.  Well cheese cake for desert was good too and that was our day.

1 comment: