Monday 1 February 2016

Monday, February 1st -- Already

The wind blew hard last night and it rained off and on.  The highest wind speed recorded at Sky Harbour was 40 something, but apparently in the mountains by Tucson they had gusts up to 100 mph.  Lots of stuff got blown all over the place and there were a couple of large trees down in the area, but fortunately none in the park.  It was supposed to rain today, but only a few isolated showers that never amounted to much.  We are in for a couple of days of cooler weather with night temps down close to the freezing mark.  By week end we will are supposed to be back to more normal temps.  There was snow up north, I think they had about a foot & a half in Flagstaff and a couple of feet in Snowbowl.  That's why we never go north of here in winter, might as well stay home.  Hah!
  Marg got up early to go with two of her buddies.  It started out as Sue needs to drive Larry to Sky Harbour airport later in the week, so wanted a dry run with truck.  Patti knew how to get there and Marg was the navigator on site as she seemed to be the most knowledgeable about parking and they were looking to find the over size vehicle lot.  Apparently they were successful and even took a tour of the terminal.  The other ladies had been there, but not right in the terminal building, so Marg was again the expert on directions.  You never know down here, lots of small town people, Marg navigating, me figuring out computers.  Shows how desperate things are, LOL.  After they stopped at Red Robin for lunch and then at the outlet malls in Tempe.  It worked out well for me as I got 2 shirts, a wallet and a nice bottle of scotch.
  Meanwhile, I went to the Chrysler dealership at Superstition.  The passenger headlight quit working & to replace a bulb on the truck you need some tools I don't have, so you can remove the grill.  Anyway it was supposed to be a warranty item, but we will see.  The first guy I dealt with said they don't do warranty work on Canadian vehicles.  I told him that was not like my experience with GM, where I had awesome warranty service on the Malibu.  In the end it needed a wiring fix, something with the connectors and the service guy said they would send me the paper work. Not sure if that means the bill to pay or just a record of the work.  It was nice of them to fit me in, anyway and it gets dark so early here that I didn't like to drive with one headlight.  When I say the morning there, it was the entire morning, long enough to read a pocket book.  By the way they call them paperbacks here, didn't know what I mean when I say pocketbook.
  Got home and had some lunch.  After lunch had some visitors stopping by to see how Vanessa is.  She met quite a few people here last January and when Blanke's came to see us in GP.  After I went and played some pool.  Played with some good guys and had a few laughs.  For a change I played well, it's always a sometimes thing with me.
  By the time I got back, Marg was back from her outing.  Said she had lots of fun with those two ladies, but next time they are taking Nancy.  Apparently she needs more fun in her life.  We went for a bit of a walk as Marg had left a bag of purchases in Sues' truck.  While we were there, it turns out she bought a new printer and it wouldn't print.  Yes you guessed it, I messed with it until it started printing, so she could get Larry's flight itinerary off.  It was too cool to go for happy hour, so I had a nice drink from the new bottle, Grangestone.  Very nice!  Marg made a nice dish with chicken breast [like a stir fry] to go with steamed rice.  The number of women who cook here don't seem to me to be as common as the ones who do not.  The ones who are really good cooks are even fewer, so Marg is almost a novelty around here; but I do eat well!  Finished the last of the oranges today.  As usual, they are delicious.  We eat lots here and they are so fresh, it's always a highlight of our winters in Az.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously never heard the Beatles song.. Paperback Writer.... xx

    ReplyDelete