Wednesday 19 February 2014

Wednesday

Early morning start for both of us.  It was a great day, very pleasant, but not as hot as the last few days and a slight breezed most of the day.  Just a perfect day for anything outdoors.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals to the Fort for the day.  Apparently she never lost, but never won. A unique concept perhaps, but she seemed happy with the outcome.  Brenda won at bingo and Nancy won at the slots, so they were all happy when they got back.
  I went out to Apache Sun with the group from our park to play golf at our regular T time.  Played with 3 guys from our park, two of whom are hilarious, so it was a fun round.  Pat was one of the group and he won the long putt on hole #4.  Another one of our guys had the closest to the pin on #6, but he got beat out.  I hit the ball well and had a reasonably good round and score, well for me anyway. I never lost a ball, which is one of my criteria for success, although I did have one really bad hole.
  When I got back I did some repairs in the motorhome.  I had some issues with the counter top and fixed it with super glue.  Then I went to the post office to buy some stamps and mail some thank you cards to the guys in St George who helped us so much with our window replacement.  While I was out, I went to the local Walmart to see if they have the bbq we want, which they did.  Now I just need to convince one of the guys with trucks to give me a hand to get it.
  Got back in time to play a few rounds of pool.  Not many guys are playing this year and the tournament is tomorrow.  Not certain yet what I am doing.
  Dinner tonight was a big salad, well honestly that's what Marg called it.  I think it must have been the other stuff around it that made it qualify as big, like the cold cuts, or hard boiled eggs.  Something like that.  It made me think of the Seinfeld episode on the big salad anyway.  So it turns out we have our own version of it.
  Then after dinner, Marg did laundry, I played poker.  We both fared well, so we have clean clothes to wear and I never lost any money either.  Had one new guy, well for this year anyway as he was here in prior years.  Some of our regulars were not there, but we had more than enough players. 
  Some days we are too busy, today was one of them.  We never even had time for happy hour.

4 comments:

  1. I would be happy to help with the BBQ but it probably wouldn't fit in my truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you find time to watch the Olympic curling? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. we do not have any time , and after we get our keys next week it will be even worse

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to worry about the Curling anymore.. Canada has brought home. Both Golds ! xx

    ReplyDelete