Wednesday 26 February 2014

Wednesday - Feb 26th

What a fabulous day, it started out nice and just kept getting better.  I say the temp at 80F at one point, but not certain what it got to.
  In the morning Marg left with the gamblin' gals and spent the day at the fort.  They had lots of laughs, but never scored big.  She said she was one number lots of times and some old gal won a big game that paid her $12,000 at one of those times.
  Me I went to work today, you know, the nine hole turf inspection.  What a great day for golf with just a bit of a breeze.  Had a great game, for me anyway and played with 3 fun guys and scored well with 2 pars.  I was lucky because Pat have offered me a ride, without which I would not have been able to go.  The car was in at the dealership for the problems I reported on yesterday.
  I got back and went to look at the job at the park model.  Just got started and Kenny showed up to go over the plan for the screen door.  I set it aside as I am running the risk of losing focus here and really need to work on the unit.  I wanted to have an in-depth look at the flooring issues and come up with a solution.  I think I will be putting down a layer of plywood on the existing floor.  It will give the floor more strength and a level surface to ensure the laminate installs OK.  It will add quite a bit to the cost, but I don't think I will be happy with the result otherwise.
  Just got started and the dealership called to say the car was ready.  They sent a courtesy car and gave me a ride back, it's quite a hike from here, about 5 miles, I guess.  It turned out to be an electrical problem with a fault in a wiring harness that was at the root of all the problems.  The unit had to be replaced and re-wired.  IT runs fine now and the wallet is lighter by $500.  I also picked up the $15 part that I originally went there for and installed it when I got home.  It was a bit of a challenge, so took lots of time.
  By then Marg was home and it was happy hour, so we went.  At the end she had told the others that it was my turn to cook and we were going to Ihop.  The Bingers & Blanke's came with us and we had one of my favourite meals.  We had to hurry to get back as Smitty was making desert in the dutch ovens.  He made a peach cobbler and a pineapple dumpling.  He had 3 of these stacked up on a charcoal bbq.  They are to die for, so you never miss the opportunity to attend.  Then it was off to poker, we had 11 players tonight, so 2 tables.  I don't usually say much, but I cleaned up pretty good tonight.  When I got home I dumped out the change from my poker money and it turns out I had $63.  That's a lot of nickels and dimes.  Best of all I had a lot of laughs while I was accumulating it.
  Oh, must get back on track with the job.

2 comments: