Sunday 9 February 2014

Sunday

What a great day, the sun had us back up to 78F and it was beautiful out.
  Had to go out to Goodwill & St Vincent de Paul stores today.  I was looking for a sport coat and found one there.  Pattie told me the other day that at the sock hop on Saturday night I would be one of the blues brothers, so...  Anyway I think I am ready, except for the rehearsal on Tuesday.  Didn't really want to do it, but us guys are so used to doing what women tell us; I guess that must be it.  Her & Gary do so much in the park that it's pretty hard to turn them down.  Oh well, by next year no one will remember who made a fool of himself this year.  Stopped at Ace hardware to look for a few things.  Marg picked up some paint color samples.  I think we have plans to paint when we take possession.  We also looked at new bbq's as we will have more room for a full size one in the new place.  I suspect Marg also looked at lots of other stuff.
  Tried to go for a walk around the park today, but that is a wasted effort.  We really need to go outside the park fence if we really want to walk, especially with the news about our new place.  We are still getting lots of hugs and congrats in the park.  The most common question is whether we will be bringing the motorhome next year and whether we will sell it.  The answer to the former is no, the latter is we're not sure as we use it quite a bit in the summer.  The second most asked question is when we get possession & the answer is probably by the end of the month.  Pretty funny, Wink is convinced we will need a golf cart and my answer was I will not be buying one.  Doris piped up that we have had several and I never bought them, so we will see.  This park isn't that large though, so well, oh who knows!
  I played pool for awhile with Bob today.  I played well and was winning handily.  I slacked off a bit and then he got the momentum and it seemed I was on the ropes all the time.  Anyway we had a few laughs and that is why we are here.
  Went to happy hour at the Johnson's and the group was small today.  Five couples I believe.  Not sure what the women talked about, but for the guys it was cars we had and which were the good ones, the fast ones, the expensive one; you know the important stuff.  The gals likely talked about chic stuff, you know, or maybe you're like me and don't know, LOL!
  Supper tonight was a stir fry, but no desert.  It was after ice cream social, so Marg had cake & ice cream, me a banana split.
  Hey all you Albertans, I forgot to mention the forecast is for temps in the 80's by the end of the week, so if you are going south you may want to consider this info.  If you wait until we get to the 100's, it's too hot to golf.

1 comment:

  1. I have images of your next purchase being a classic car for that cr port with all those neat car auctions down that way lol x

    ReplyDelete