Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wednesday

A nice day, the wind blew a bit and that was good as it kept the day from getting too hot. 
  Went and got an oil change this AM.  It seemed every place was full with many of them being snowbirds doing exactly what I was, getting ready for the road.  There are so many oil change specials here, most around $20 or $30 and they often throw in a tire rotation or like mine they vacuum the car.  Marg dusted the blinds in the motorhome and cleaned house today.
  Went to Phoenix to golf with Gerry Canuel at 1PM.  It was a warm day to that, but we had fun.  We went to Maryvale, it was our first time at this course.  The course was in nice shape, the fairways had lush grass, fairway bunkers were ample and there was lots of water and very mature trees.  It was quite challenging and neither of us scored real well, but I'm OK with that.  The new putter was not working well today at all.  The course played fairly quick, we were done in under 4 hours for 18.  It was pretty funny, Gerry got a birdie & a bogie on the 18th hole.  He hit a towering drive that hit a bird mid-air.  All you could see was a big puff of feathers, but it kept flying, so didn't appear to be hurt and his score was one over par.  I lost the last of the Nike balls Bill & Patti brought me back from the DR, I will miss them. 
  After golf I drove Gerry back to the condo and then back on the freeway to the RV park.  It was the middle of rush hour and traffic was very heavy.  The announcer on the radio said the traffic was clearing up on the route I was on thanks to the local fire dept.  Apparently they had a jumper on an overpass with a rope tied around him, prepared to jump off into traffic and just before the police shut down the freeway, a firefighter talked him out of it.  Now that was something I would never have thought about as being the source of a traffic jam.  Some people!
  When I got back to the RV, Marg had supper on the table.  Apparently some of the guys had been around trying to get her to convince me to go into the desert tomorrow.  I don't think it will happen as I have too much to do to get ready.
  Poker night, but I was late by the time I ate.  We had the usual crowd and it was good for a few laughs.  A bonus was that my bag was full when I finished and it wasn't when I got there, so believe I made out OK.

1 comment:

  1. Your on a winning streak! When I went away for my girls weekend 2 years ago we had a road closed due to a bridge jumper... No one talked him down though.... It was bad being the first car in that traffic queue! xx

    ReplyDelete