Monday 11 March 2013

Monday

What a gorgeous day.  Now this is why we come here, for weather like this.
  The day started off with a bike ride.  Took a little different route today, but put in a pretty good ride.  When I was coming back just off of Superstition I came across a big old coyote.  He looked to be in pretty good shape, bushy tail and all.  He was only about 150 feet away and he wasn't bothered by me at all, too bold if you ask me.  Anyway I shouted at him and that didn't even startle him.  They are a real problem when they get that bold.  Probably been living in the city for a while eating household pets and they rabbits that seem to be everywhere here.  After I rode another block or so, I saw a city truck with lights flashing stop down around where I last saw it, hopefully the dog catcher.
  When I got back Marg was in the pool doing water aerobics.  I guess the pool was a little on the cool side, but that will change in a day or two.  They get quite a group in for that and I can hear the instructional tape playing from here -- now jump and thrash around, etc, etc.  Patty & Doris also go,  they are like a posse, all the things they do together.  I went and helped Jerry put some pictures on his laptop.  He has never stored any on it before, so I made a file with all the ones I had and copied it to his machine.  This is how computer challenged folks are down here, me [the techno-peasant] giving computer advice, but we got it done.
  After lunch I played pool for a while.  Another Jerry was there and it was his last day, they are driving back to Iowa tomorrow.  He told me, you know what IOWA is short for -- Idiots Out Wandering Around.  Pretty funny!  There are more Jerry's & Patty's in this park than you can shake a stick at.  When I finished Char called and she had been speaking with grandma.  As soon as the call ended I called mom and lo & behold I got her on the phone.  Had a nice conversation with her.  She's been keeping up to date and told me about the stuff she is doing in her new place.
  Went to happy hour.  The girls seem to spend time planning and the guys, well we're just trying to solve the world peace thing, LOL.  It seems there are so many March birthdays in the group that we are having a group dinner/birthday party on Saturday.  Marg also came away with lunch plans for Thursday, so no pool tournament I guess.
  Len & Rose Krupka called, they are back in Mesa.  Rose & Marg chatted and tried to line up a date we can get together for dinner.  This will tell you how busy we are, it will be March 28th.  In fact we are too busy here.  Every year we have big plans about making trips and doing things here, but we get caught up in this busy lifestyle and the winter is over before we realize it.
  It was our last ice cream social tonight.  It's usually on Sunday, but this being the last one, Kenny had arranged for Brent Lee to entertain.  The last time he was here was a year ago and Bill & Patti were down for the weekend.  Anyway he was a big hit with the crowd.  The ice cream and cake were free as well, everyone could have what they purchased last week, kind of a 2 for 1 deal, I guess.  This way we know how many banana splits and root beer floats to provide for.  It all being free the hall was packed.  He is a great act and he had everyone singing along and dancing.  It was a great time.
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad your having such fun... You defiantely need to go home go rest after such a busy winter... Pleased you were able to catch Grandma... I too had a lovely chat with her .. She really made me laugh.. She is excited about your return... xx

    ReplyDelete