Thursday 21 March 2013

March 21st

A great day in the sun, I think it got up to 85F today.
  We both went to coffee and donuts this AM.  Our table was the second one drawn, so now my jinx of being last seems to be broken.  The meeting was well attended, but there were quite a few who will be leaving this coming week and next.  It will be pretty much like an exodus for a while as all the snowbirds start out for home.  Many go straight home, but equally as many make side trips along the way.
  After Marg wanted to go to a farm type market.  I drove around a bit, then dug out the gps, finding that I was further from the market than when I left our park.  It was in one of the rv parks over on Southern.  Marg had been in prior years, but it was my first time.  All she bought was fresh vegetables and a bag of oranges, but they had almost everything the big Mesa market has in terms of vendors.  It's a huge rv park, probably 1,500 stalls, but with the hundreds of shoppers, the parking with the market was in short supply.
  After lunch I went with the pool team on a road trip to Mountainview, where we played their team in 1/15 8 ball.  I don't think team Carefree did all that well, my partner and I lost all 3 of our games.  I knew one of the guys from the other park having played him previously and he is the one you hope you don't draw, a very good player; even if he is from Saskatchewan, LOL.
  We had a visitor that I had a beer with after pool & then went to happy hour at Larry & Nancy's place where I had a couple more.  At happy hour, Marg and couple other ladies made supper plans that didn't involve cooking.  I wasn't comfortable driving after the wobbly pops, but fortunately Kenny was able to drive, so we went to Chili's with 2 other couples.  Dinner was very good, the food there usually is.

1 comment: