Wednesday 13 March 2013

March 13th

Pretty nice day.  I think the highest I saw was 82F, but Marg said she saw 92F on the vehicle thermometer on their way back today.  It was hot, hot, hot, but nothing yet according those who know.
  Got up early and Marg went with the gamblin' gals to play bingo and slots.  Gerry came and we went out to play at Apache Sun.  We were both 44, so a good round for me.  I was hitting the Burner well off the tee and had lots of chances for par putts.  Didn't make them all, but just getting the chances means I was playing a decent game today.
  When I got back to the rv park, I made my own lunch.  This usually works better when Marg is here, but got by on some peanut butter sandwiches & yogurt, or something like that anyway.  After lunch I went and played some pool.  Got in with a tough bunch today, but was on the winning side a few times.  It was one of those days when it seemed everyone but me was having a great game.  No I'm not paranoid, sometimes I just don't play well, although I did sink a couple of 8 balls, that were not out of turn, LOL.
  Went to happy hour as the gals were not back yet and the husbands of the other 3 were there.  Nice day for a cold one.  When the gals got back, they went to the hall and brought back burgers.  That way we get to enjoy a burger and beer, without getting off our butts.  It was a burger night in the park, so Gary & his crew cook up a bunch as well as chili.  Pretty darn good burgers.
  By that time it was the poker hour.  We had a good turnout and lots of laughs.  It seems they had my number tonight, I kind of took it on the chin.  I probably lost 3 or 4 dollars, an unfamiliar place for me.  Oh well, they have to win every so often. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the golf game us coming along nicely.... The chaos you play with in GO will be delighted you have practised. xx

    ReplyDelete