Friday 29 March 2013

Friday

Holy Friday at home, not even a holiday here, quite a difference in the way the day is observed, I guess.  It was a hot day, the last I saw it was in the high 80's and sunny.
  I thought it was Saturday when I got up and went to go to the breakfast, only to discover my internal calendar was out by a day.  I guess that's why they sell the day of the week wall clock here.  My charming wife made me bacon & eggs this morning, so I still got my big breakfast, just a little later, LOL.  Spent much of the morning attaching the bike carrier to the ladder on the back of the motorhome.  Washed some of the windows, including the front one.  It is amazing how streaked it gets just sitting here.  Marg and some of her posse went to water aerobics, the last one of the season.  I could hear the recording as I worked away, directing them to leap and thrash about in the pool.  A good day for it, refreshing I am certain.
  In the afternoon I played 8 ball with a couple of guys in the park.  Funny there were only a handful of guys playing, usually all 3 tables are going strong in the afternoon.  Another sign of the time of year, lots of people with other commitments in preparation to leave.  There are people leaving every day now.  In my minds eye, I have a vision of the line ups at the border, not the best way to spend a few hours.  There are a lot of rv'ers moving about these days.  It seems everyday there are large numbers leaving and arriving.  The park here is still as full as ever, but mainly with a lot of short-stay travelers.  Some just for overnight, others for a week or so.
  In the late afternoon we went out for dinner with Kenny & Doris and Jerry & Patty.  They had never been, so we took them to the German restaurant we enjoy so much in Mesa.  As usual the food was very good and the beer refreshing.  It was happy hour, so we enjoyed tall ones.  It was funny, as after the waitress asked Doris what she would have, all 3 of us guys said we would have the same as Doris.  Marg & Patty of course had non-alcohol beverages.  There was an accordion player belting out lots of German tunes that made you want to drink beer or dance.  LOL
  When we got back to the rv park, we had a drink and the park managers, Curt & Aggie joined us for a beverage.  A nice visit wound up the day.

1 comment:

  1. Must be hard winding down.... Especially since the snow us lingering.... German place sounds lovely.... Bet it's lots of meat... My memories of dinning in Germsny are meat and bread... lol xxx

    ReplyDelete