Friday 15 March 2013

Friday

The Ides of March.  Happy Red Nose day to everyone in the UK.  What a gorgeous day. Buy the time we were up and about it was plenty warm this morning and the temp climbed until mid afternoon.
  Marg did laundry before water aerobics this AM.  Actually I think she messed with it for quite a bit of the afternoon, getting it folded, steamed, etc.  Picked a hot day to steam laundry, but then again the hamper was pretty full.  She might be starting to be a morning person - NOT!  She got back from aerobics just in time for lunch and then I took off for Encanto to play a round.
  As luck would have it they did the prep work for our team [to make breakfast in the morning]  in the middle of the afternoon when I was probably on #7, LOL.  Anyway I dodged bullet on that one, but Marg helped get things set up.  This will be our last breakfast.
  Played with Gerry Canuel with a tee time of 2:30.  By that time it was pretty well in the heat of the day, 91 or 92, I believe.  I had a couple of water bottles that I froze and they kept ice all day long.  Lost one of my good Nike balls that Bill & Patti gave me from the Dominican Republic in the turtle pond.  I did not have my happy face on at that point, but it was my second lost ball today.  The first one was in the lake with all the Canada Geese, the first hole no doubt.  Beware the Ides of March, do you think that is what they meant, a warning to golfers?  You would think one of them would have retrieved it for a fellow Canadian.  We were paired with a father/son and had a good day.  Score was OK, not my best round, but far from my worst.  I don't know if it was the heat or the physical demands, but the second nine was 6 strokes over the front.  Got off the course about 7 PM.  We really have to quit doing this on Fridays, the course is much more open on Mondays.
  Traffic was light on the way back, so made pretty good time.  I think it was around a half hour travel time.  Got back in time for the 4th race in the animal races.  Everyone is getting pretty rowdy at this thing.  There are a handful who do the happy dance now.  This was the last animal races for this winter.  It has been a big success, except for Marg, who picked a lot more winners than me.  Bet that doggone elephant every race, to no avail.  Linda, a friend of Marg's even went to get peanuts to put on the finish line, but alas, that pachyderm never appeared in the winners circle.  Cost me a lot of dimes!
  After we came back to the rv and had supper.  Good planning on Marg's part, she had chicken and vegetables in the slow cooker.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Red Nise Day! It's odd hearing about you joining another pair of golfer s on you round... Not sure if its because if the year round golf or what but you would never get that in the UK xx

    ReplyDelete