Friday 8 March 2013

Friday

Well today was not one to brag about the weather.  The rain started in the night and it pretty much rained off and on most of the day.  It was a much cooler day, but hopefully will not be like this for long.  I guess they need rain in the desert as much as any place, but it's a little inconvenient for us snowbirds.  Funny thing is the water ponds very badly and there is no proper storm sewer system here, rather they deal with storm water as surface water, so it gets pretty wet.
  
   It was the annual ladies tea today. As you may recall there were new organizers this year and they asked me to do the hot water again.  I told them it required 2 people, so one of the organizers volunteered her husband.  Jim and I boiled 9 gallons of water and dispensed it to the ladies in carafes.  They had lots of finger food and there was a special prize for the hat of the day.  Sorry about the pic quality, steam from the boiling water I think.
   Marg sat with some of her friends, Doris & Linda.  She doesn't do hats, so wore a fascinator.  Some of the ladies know what that is, but I don't believe all did until today.  I think there was one or two other ladies with something like that as well.  It is quite an event, they usually have music & poetry or jokes.
  I think they were looking for Chippendale outfits for the guys for next year, LOL.  Anyway I told Jim he really needed to know how it goes as I was not planning on doing this again next year.

  It went on for about an hour and a half, after which I helped them clean up. 
  I played some pool after that, but not too many games as it was getting on in the afternoon by that time.  For supper it was Ihop, yes one of my fav's.


  In the evening it was the animal races.  It was funny because there were some folks in the area who came to see what all the whooping & hollering was about.  They stayed and won a few races.  I won 6 of the 8 races tonight, much better than last week when it was pretty much the reverse.  The race card on the right shows my picks & when you win Sue puts an X on the winner. 

2 comments:

  1. We to ha rain today.. Though it would hardly surprise anyone lol ... Ladies tea looked fun, they probably need young fellas like you for that job... Like the fascinator Mom will need to pack that for the wedding... The bigger the better ! Couldn't tell from the game card, did the elephant finally win??? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the elephant is #1 and never paid off, although the hippo, #5 did

      Delete