Friday 4 January 2013

What happened?

Seem to be a little behind on my postings, just too busy.  Will try to catch you up on what has been going on here.
 Jan 2nd - Bill & I started the day off golfing with Gerry Canuel at Apache Creek.  18 holes was all I could handle as our T time was 7:45.  The course played pretty quick, we were done well before noon.  They both scored well for the first winter golf game, me, not so much.
  Brennan wanted to go car spotting and get some pics, so we stopped in Scottsdale at Luxor Car sales where they have lots of exotics on the lot.  He saw a Maybach [first one I have seen], Ferrari's, Porsche's, Bentley's [one a convertible], Range Rovers, Maserati's, you name it.  They have a great web site.  The Maybach was used with 60K on the clock for $135K.  He was pumped, but didn't think many of them [except the Range Rovers] would be good in GP, LOL.
 We went to the Arizona Mills outlet mall for the afternoon.  The kids were excited and impressed with the selection & the size of the mall.  Marg told me it's a mile around the outside of the mall building, I think she might be right on this.  We started at Neiman Marcus, which is almost enough to give the old wallet a shock, even at outlet prices, but quickly moved on in search of deals.  Everyone came away with bags of good stuff that their friends back at home can't duplicate.  It seems that in your teens this is very important.  I should have said everyone but me, I read a good book while they were checking things out. The other thing that they are quickly learning is that nothing is close here, your not in GP anymore, LOL.  Patti is getting lots of freeway driving practice.  After we came back to Mesa where we stopped in at Kohl's, another favorite of Marg's where we continued to fill the trunk. 
  Dinner was the #1 Eastern Buffet, a great Chinese buffet that everyone seemed to enjoy. 

1 comment: