Saturday 12 January 2013

Saturday

  Boy it was cold last night, a couple of people had their water lines freeze, not hard like it freezes at home, but the water wouldn't flow until they heated it with a hair dryer this AM.  Ours never as I put a blanket over the tap and hose, so it was fine.
   I went to breakfast this AM in the hall, french toast, eggs, bacon; life is good.  After breakfast we went to a car wash and got an inside & out wash on the Malibu.  Just $15 for the wash in & out, but I paid another $15 for a hand wax.  It was right by source for sports, so I stopped in for some golf balls.  They had some great deals on & I almost talked myself in to a lob wedge, but then I thought geepers, I can't even hit the ones I have so it's probably not the answer.
  We went and looked at chairs.  I think we want to replace the occasional chair in the motorhome, it's just not that comfortable.  We were at half a dozen stores including: Ashley, Lazyboy, Grandpa's furniture.  Saw some that we really liked but we think we will keep looking for a while yet.
  On the way home Marg remarked on how rapidly the left turn signal was blinking.  I never noticed it, us seniors can ignore turn signals for miles.  It's a skill we develop over time.  Stopped at the auto parts place on the trail and managed to figure out how to get at it. Every few years they change the whole set-up so that it creates work at the service stations.  We're not falling for that, it's bad enough that the bulbs are $3 each, my father would not have paid that. 
  Went to Wells Fargo for some do-re-mi, we keep a bank account at a branch in AJ here.  That seems to run out every so often.  It's near the Bells store & Marg went in there to pick up a few things.  Maybe there is a connection there, LOL!
  When we got back to the park, Marg did laundry and I helped her - my part was dirtying some more clothes.  I got tagged to go help Almyra put new stuff in her hummingbird feeder. The little guys have been hanging around it & she felt sorry for them.  Got a pic of one that's was sitting on the clothes dryer across the way waiting for her to fill it. When you see it next to a clothes pin, it gives you an idea of their size.
  Also took a picture of the ICE on Superstition mountain.  Can you see it?  It's just part of the rock formation that they use to play tricks on the newbies.
 

1 comment: