Thursday 31 January 2013

Jan 31st

Can this be, Jan 31st?  Where do the days go?
  It was a nice day today.  It was shorts & no jacket weather again.  Supposed to get nice and warm for the next week or so.  Got up early and went to coffee & donuts this AM.  Marg rarely goes, but I sat with some people that included a couple of the gamblin' gals she hangs out with.  The meeting went pretty quick, so I thought I would have a little fun.  When they asked if there were any security issues in the park, I put up my hand.  I said I went to the animal races on Friday evening and had some concerns.  The hippo beat the zebra twice and as far as I was concerned there must be some of the Olympic doping going on in the hippo barns & it cost me several dimes to find that out.  This is new to the park and it got a good for a laugh, kind of sending the message that it is a fun thing.
  After I went for a bike ride.  The new bike was in need of some fine tuning, so when I got back I adjusted the gears as well as the seat; brakes, lubed it with silicone spray and took it for a short check up.  I think the adjustments will make for longer, faster rides; stay tuned.  It was into the wind, so I got down as low as 5 mph, but did get up to 11 mph for a while when I turned the corner.  Don't laugh, that is almost cardiac arrest speed for this guy.
  While I was gone, Marg went out to get a cake.  She got one made by "The Cake Boss", it's some dude on TV that makes big fancy cakes.  She was going to a chick thing at 11AM.  Some friends got a new [to them] park model [static caravan to everyone in the UK], so one of the ladies threw a party for her.  It was kind of a house warming without any guys.  This couple have been full-timers, in other words, they live in the motorhome and don't have a house.  There were about 20 women and her cake was a big hit, everyone wanted to know where she got it and had to have a piece.  The party went on for quite a while, as I had to make my own lunch today.  See there you go, I'm not as domestically challenged as most of you think.  What did I have, you might ask!  Open faced sandwiches and an orange.  We have some of the best oranges right now.  They are so fresh and flavorful.  Apparently they are sweeter if they get a touch of cold weather or frost, not sure which, but we've certinly had both.
  I played pool this afternoon.  I partnered with Elmer today. Char, he is the guy we bought the roller skates from.  He has a bad case of tremors in his right hand, but he can still play pool & very well.  He has learned to recognize there is a pause in his tremors & shoots during the pause.  We won all 3 of our games and it was the first time either of us has had that kind of success.  Just goes to show you what perseverance can do, Elmer just refuses to let it get the best of him.  Marg did laundry this afternoon.  Apparently there was lots of it, because she was just finishing up steaming it when I got back from pool.
  After we went out for supper to Ihop.  It was good, as always.  Went out and looked around a bit more for the gazebo type tent.  Saw a few of them, still not the right one, I guess, but I think we are getting closer.  She also bought a picture or something you hang on a wall anyway for the raffle.  As part of the park-wide patio sale, she always donates something for the raffle.  Then we buy tickets to try and win something in the raffle, I bought 20 tickets this AM.  Make sense to you -- me neither, but we do it every year.  LOL!
  Rent bill came today & Marg paid it, so we are good for at least the next month.
  I forgot to mention yesterday that Gerry and I saw a Javelina on the way to the golf course.  They are the wild pigs that are so common in Mexico and all along the border states.  They can be quite dangerous if confronted.  This one was road kill, but they are not all that common to see.

2 comments:

  1. Bless, hope you told him how much I adore my skates ( though out of action at present) .... Also the girls love the cake boss and watch that show .... COOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would of taken a picture, it was so good I am going to bring one home

      Delete